CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Loneliness Is Bad for Your Health by kathryn101 ..... Ask Tony Isaacs: Featuring Luella May

Date:   8/23/2007 7:50:30 AM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   9,939
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=948034

3 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi harleygirl...I wish I had happened on this discussion a couple of days ago. But
it seems like it's so hard to find time for curezone these days.

I've read some of your posts in the past, but only answers to others. I had no idea
you were going through this loneliness and my heart really goes out to you.

There are so many things I'd like to share with you, but I've been reading some of
these posts and now I'm late starting my day. But let me touch on just a few things.

Now, whatever I say...don't take it as criticism...or me being cranky and judgmental...because I don't mean any of this in a negative way...but I want so badly to help you if I can at all...

First of all, I'm sure you've heard the old saying, "Life is what you make of it...
always has been...always will be"...and I believe that to be true. But I also believe that sometimes a person is so beat down that it's hard to get back up again.
But that's exactly what you have to do. If 'you' are all you have right now...then
'you' are the one that has to pick yourself up and start over! And whether or not
you can actually 'do' that...is all determined by 'your' 'mind set'.

Have you also heard the saying..."If you keep on doing the same old things...you're
going to keep on getting the same old results?" And that is so true.

I read something, in one of Tony's posts to you about your financial situation...but
I didn't find your post where you were describing your financial situation. But that absolutely can cause a ton more weight on your shoulders. But the fact of the
matter is...if you're in a situation you don't want to be in...and you really want
out...you're going to have to just put one foot in front of the other...over and over and over...and keep plugging along...until you are where you want to be.
"Every journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step"...so if you need to
go on a journey...of how ever many miles...one thing we know for sure...you are not
going to get there UNLESS you take that first step. And then another step...and
another and another.

You mentioned you had friends that were good christians and you'd thought of even
moving near them. You mention missing your mom...and needing your mom. You're
unsure of what to do...where to go...or where to begin. But one thing you know for
a fact...you are not happy where you are.
So is there a reason you can't go to where your mom is? And if it's financial...is
there a way around that?
And your friends who are christians...California is a big state....surely to goodness,there are good christians right there around you somewhere. :-) The place
you're apt to find christians who are really walking the walk and not just talking
the talk...are in the little country churches...and some of 'them' may not be that
friendly and close. But they ARE out there...and there are some near you somewhere. So if you can't physically move right now...find ways to make the best of what you DO have right now.

Today is Thursday...so get out the phone book...or the local paper...and find a little country church that you can attend on Sunday...whether you like it on Sunday morning or not...go back Sunday night....THAT is when the REAL christians will be
there. :-) The Sunday morning pew dusters are just there so they don't have a guilty conscience the rest of the week...they don't 'get it'...and don't have time
to think about it right now...they're busy people. Trust me...if the Sunday morning people don't have time for God...they won't have time for you. :-)

If you want your life to be 'blessed'...go out and be a blessing to others. Spiffy yourself up today...and just go to the local nursing home...go to the front desk...and just ask if they have 'residents'...that never have any company but would love someone to visit with...tell them that this is a new endeavor for you...so you would like to visit with someone..or one or two...that are alert enough to be able to appreciate your visit. Just this one thing...will lift you up
beyond your wildest dreams. Now, don't panic if you're sitting talking to someone in that nursing home...and you mention how nice the weather is...and they say, "Yes I'll take some green beans, thank you." :-) Just keep talking...and visiting for
as long as you're comfy...and then maybe move on to another 'resident' for a little bit.

I'd like us to be email friends. I'll open my email and I hope to hear from you today. We'll get to know each other and I'll help you all I possibly can.
Are you the one who said you didn't have anyone close where you live...that you
email and post...but that's not the same? Let me tell you something. I connected with Owen (a curezone favorite from way back) years ago...and we email all the time and I consider him a really dear friend. I share my thoughts, worries, etc with him and I know he cares...and he always responds with good advice that helps me
put things into perspective. And I do that even though I have a 'husband to die for'...usually sitting 6 feet away while I'm typing Owen. My husband and I have
the kind of relationship most people can only dream of. We've extremely close...we make our relationship a priority even though we're very busy. But it's so nice
to have Owen just to 'talk' to. And I will be there for you just like Owen is for
me.

I'm running really late and have tons to do....but I hope to hear from you today. You absolutely CAN turn your life around. I hope you will 'let it happen' in your own life. katy (kathryn)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=948034