CureZone   Log On   Join

Thanks. Question concerning the application of limestone by ForZion ..... Ask Moreless: pH Balance

Date:   8/18/2007 11:44:35 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   6,248
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=944926

You mentioned that you had applied 100 tons of limestone to one acre of garden. Was that in one application or was that over a period of years? If the latter, how many? I have 3 tons of superfine aglime(limestone not calcium. hydroxide)which I am working into the yard and garden. In about 500-600 square feet I have applied 15-20 cubic feet of limestone(5 wheelbarrow loads 0f 4 cubic feet not quite full) together with texas greensand(5% potassium, 10% iron), gypsum and bonemeal in the ratio 4:2:1:1. Since the container mix ratio of these ingredients you gave to Invincible was these ingredients to the same amount of soil, i'm concluding that I can mix in more limestone into the soil as long as I maintain the ratio of ingredients up to the same amount of topsoil that the plants will grow in. Is that right? To do that bags of greensand will be too costly. I will use a ton and a half of granite sand. Or is decomposed granite better, filtered up to a 1/4 inch? The garden store person recommended the ddecomposed granite as a soil amendment over the sand for clay soils, but you said to use powdered granite, which I am interpreting as granite sand.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=944926