CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: ignore typos etc...hope it conveyed what I meant.. by mikey ..... Acne Forum

Date:   1/12/2003 7:24:40 AM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   21,303
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=9419

i dont wish to keep going on about it, cos it seems that u get more than enough advice, that your probably sick to death of all the millions of different alternative therapies available, that you have to shift through,for most of them the only evidence that they work is a strangers testamonial, a person who you have never met, and whom you have no idea of their individual circumstances. but in desperation you try what they suggest, they said in their testamonial that'it will take 12 weeks before an improvement is noted' so you wait the said period of time, and then low and behold it doesnt work for you. but why? you may of had a different grade (of severity) of acne, or considering the enormous complexity in the underlying mechanisms of the Acne disease, and the huge range of different causes, the treatment you tried simply didnt work.I have already mentioned all the best alternative therapies that i can think of, but if you are really this upset and down about your condition and nothing else seems to work, maybe you should consider a short 16 week course of accutane(isotretinoin) i know it has had bad publicity that is true but (speaking from personal experience; which i have described on the main message board) it really is a wonderful drug, one of the most astounding medical achievments i konw about, in as little as 16 weeks it can clear up completely and entirely even the most severe disfiguring cystic acne, completely clear, and not only that it is the ONLY Acne medication that will result in continuingly clear skin even when the treatment is stopped, as my dermatologist said, '80% of people are completely cured for ever'. this drug has literally 'saved the lives' of millions of people since it was first discovered, however i am not saying that it doesnt have side effects, but the question you (and your dermatologist) needs to ask is are the side effects worth going through for the promise of clear skin... only you know the answer to that, you need to discuss this with your dermatologist

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=9419