CureZone   Log On   Join

Are we sure these are really gallstones??? by cftmju ..... Liver Flush Debate Forum

Date:   5/21/2004 2:02:00 PM ( 20 years ago ago)
Hits:   3,971
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=93707

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

(Please excuse my reposting of this...but I wanted to put a more appropriate subject header so those interested would see it.)

I ran across this article....would some of you please comment on this?  It seems to call into question the "success" of our liver/gallbladder flushes.

(Taken from http://www.pathguy.com/altermed.htm  The website belongs to Ed Friedlander "the pathology guy", an MD board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology.)

------------------------------------>

People who have gallstones, or think they have gallstones, are invited to "flush" them out by swallowing a concoction of 1/2 cup of olive oil, a big grapefruit, 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts, and three cups of water.

It was a nice idea, and interesting things will appear in the toilet bowl soon after. But I'm afraid that they're not your gallstones. Here's why:

If you know a little basic chemistry, you'll realize what is happening. The Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, and the grapefruit contains some complex carbohydrates. When these slosh around in the stomach and small intestine, they'll form a tough film which will encase drops of olive oil. This will produce some yellowish balls which will float in the toilet.

Hulda Regehr Clark, the author of "The Cure for all Cancers" and "The Cure For HIV/AIDS" promotes this. Since she claims to have both a doctorate in naturopathy and a Ph.D. in something (the latter implying having done substantial original lab research), one would think she would have made an experiment with a real gallstone and discovered that it sinks. There's a nice photo which she took from my friend, pathologist Ed Klatt. She calls them "such small stones" though they're obviously 7-10 mm across. She thinks the stones she displayed formed in the liver and "rolled" into the gallbladder, which is silly. You see many more stones in the gallbladder because that's where bile is concentrated and stored; if they all "rolled" there from the liver, we'd see much more biliary colic. She says gallstones "can be of any color" which is a hoot. She also claims that the major cause of gallstones is wearing shoes.

If you want to believe these people, that is your business. If you try the purge, please chew your grapefruit up thoroughly. Otherwise, you're asking for a gastic bezoar and a trip to the endoscopist to remove the obstruction.

Follow-up: April 2003. My notes on the gallstone flush have generated considerable "controversy". I look forward to a real surgeon taking these people on a visit to the surgical ward to see whether it's really true that 99% of people who pass a gallstone have no pain, or whether most gallstones sink or float in water. (The impurities make them heavy. They sink. If you have any doubts about who is massively ignorant, go ask any general surgeon or pathologist.) There are also photos, some of which appear to be real smooth faceted gallstones, and others showing shaggy surfaces which are obviously not gallstones. Instead of continuing to sling mud at me, these people should take somebody with ultrasonographically-proven gallstones, administer the "flush", and repeat the ultrasonogram. If there are now no gallstones, publish the finding in a non-refereed junk journal. The fact that nobody's done this invites the obvious conclusion. If you are presented with the physical results of a "gallstone flush", cut it in half. Real gallstones have concentric layers of colors often varying from pale yellow through black, sometimes with a center of radiating crystals.

The world is full of crooks. It's your money.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=93707