CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: to Evton B by #68716 ..... Sex & Sexual Health Forum

Date:   6/5/2007 7:03:55 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   4,287
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=887773

I don't think that's what Beenthere was inferring, at all. I've had years of experience (probably more years than you've been on this planet) with the effects that addiction to p 0 r nography can have on men, women, and children.

Not everyone who views p 0 r n is addicted. Not every man/woman who views p 0 r n is perverted. p 0 r n can be helpful to couples under specific circumstances. However, it is a fact that the p 0 r n industry does not produce images that reflect "normal," healthy sexual intimacy. In general, most p 0 r nography depicts degradation, humiliation, pain, and abusive treatement towards women and risky sexual behaviors. My ex would often voice his belief that "...all women fantasize about being raped..." and his perversive beliefs were driven by control, NOT SEXUAL INTIMACY.

If a child is exposed to p 0 r nography, it can be ruinous to their psyches for decades - they are not emotionally or physically prepared to process the visual images that they are seeing and a healthy understanding of their own sexuality is damaged. The few abused men and hundreds of abused women that I have worked over the years had all been exposed to p 0 r nography before they had reached puberty and their experiences were formed around those images that they viewed. The women, in particular, had a clear understanding that women were to be victims of use and abuse and reacted accordingly.

The saddest aspect of supporting the p 0 r n industry is that a full 75% of all women who are depicted in professional p 0 r n videos and images are 15 years old or younger. At one time, it was determined that the actors and actresses in p 0 r nographic videos were susceptible to contracting HIV/AIDS at the rate of 80% probability. So, I don't feel that p 0 r n "...doesn't harm anyone..." If it were not harmful, it would be sold at the grocery checkout or set up at the entrance to every Blockbuster.

Just my 2 cents.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=887773