CureZone   Log On   Join

face & dead skin by warthog ..... Acne Forum

Date:   5/6/2007 10:17:24 AM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   6,501
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=864387

I've had a patch on my face where I had a lot of repeated pimples. Now there is a bit of scarring there. It's slowly getting smoother (or I like to think so).

However, I feel like I have dead skin in that area, just under the skin. It feels slightly crusty-bumpy. Rather than doing a lot of squeezing of pores to get the crud out, which may damage my skin and make it worse, I am trying to find a gentle way to get the stuff out.

Several weeks ago, I had a facial done after my usual massage. I've never had one at a spa, but this was a good one. It was based on a lot of massage. Certain products were used, of course. The most amazing thing to me, though, was that through gentle rubbing, this lady was able to get a lot of dead skin out. I don't know if that is because of prolonged gentle rubbing + some kind of mildly acidic product or what.

Does anyone know a way to achieve this in a similar fashion?

In the past, harsh exfoliating scrubs only made my skin much, much worse. These days, it seems that rubbing a blend of castor oil and olive oil on my face works much better than soaps or normal scrubs. My general routine is, once a day, brush my skin with a dry vegetable-bristled brush (even a tiny bit, very lightly, on my face, or lightly with a dry washcloth), then rub the oil mixture into my face, then shower and wipe the oil off my face with a washcloth in the shower. My face had responded favorably to this, and generally, this removes dry dead skin on the surface.

I will try to find out how that lady got rid of dead skin (do I just keep rubbing anything sufficiently lubricating and good for my skin lightly for 1/2 hour or longer?), but in the meantime, if anyone else knows how, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks in advance!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=864387