CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Squash flowers eaten by snails by moreless ..... Gardening Forum

Date:   5/19/2006 8:04:31 AM ( 18 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,326
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=86085

2 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi Evan,

The snail is just trying to do it's job of providing you with an end product which is more Healthy for you to eat!

What are you talking about?

Could this really be true, or is this another crazy idea?

Rest assured it is true!

Now for the reason!

The squash has too much available Nitrogen to the amount of Alkaline minerals and necessary acids which are required to provide for the Complexing of Complexed Carbohydrates and Minerals!

For when the Quality of a plant is High enough, then Insects and Disease may not bother the plant!

If you only have a few squash plants you may help correct this problem by mixing up a small amount of Blackstrap Molasses in some water with a small amount of Epsom Salt and spraying this on the foliage, but with out knowing the amount of excess Nitrogen it may be trial and error to find how much is needed to correct the problem!

The rule of thumb when doing this is to only try your spray mix on a few plants first and wait a few days to see the reaction!

If you use too much Epsom Salt it may cause the plant to just stop growing!

You may start out trying 2 parts of Blackstrap Molasses to 1 part of Epsom Salt in the mix! And spray this lite at first and heavier on other plants to see how much you may need!

Also another way to solve this problem may be to just prune some of the leaves off of the plant so it is not able to pull so much Nitrogen from the air!

Yes, I said pull Nitrogen from the air, for this is one of the jobs of a Leaf!

Just do a search and find out how much Nitrogen is in the air which you and your plants are breathing!

Smile Tis your choice.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=86085