CureZone   Log On   Join

miscarriage after mirena usage by rmax ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   4/27/2007 5:22:48 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   15,331
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=857518

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

i got my mirena iud 8wks ppd after the birth of our second child. i got it in november and was fine with it for the most part unti february 10. between this time i only had one period and headaches everyday. starting on february 10, i started having really bad pain in my right pelvic side, near an ovary that i knew had a cyst on it. well, i had really bad pain up until the 22nd, when it came out on its own. five weeks later we found out i was pregnant. everything was going well, or as well as could be expected for someone who has to take hormone supplements in order to have a viable pregnancy. until last thursday when we found out my progesterone level was going down. then two days ago i had an u/s. the baby measured less than five weeks when we knew it should measure at least six. we found out this morning, after having another hcg test done, that i had a blighted ovum. and so we will not be having an addition to our family. i have had four consecutive m/c's before we ever had a child to begin with. however, that is why i was on hormone supplements, so that i would not have another one. my fourth m/c was a molar pregnancy, which i believe is similar to a blighted ovum. that doesnt help my feelings any when it comes to this loss. you see, we will never have another chance at a baby. my husband had a vasectomy four weeks ago, one week before we found out i was pregnant. i know in my heart that the mirena had something to do with our loss. i also know that no doctor is ever going to say that it did. i know that the hormones from the mirena were still in my body and hurt my baby in some way. nothing and no one can ever replace our hopes and dreams that we had sunk into this last pregnancy. i suggest to anyone who would ever consider getting this form of birth control to rethink your decision. i know it had something to do with our miscarriage and sincerely hope that noone else has toever go through the same thing.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=857518