CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Hmmm, yes, no, and maybe :)Re: Natural is Better by unyquity ..... News Forum

Date:   4/24/2007 3:21:22 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   5,646
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=854980

I know (duh) that correlation does not prove causation. )But it IS always good to remind the folks that don't).

To say (unequivocably even) that high-fat diets CAUSE diabetes, when there was NO diabetes in history at the time when there most certainly WERE high-fat diets, is MORE than a bit illogical (at best)...and at worst (to the people reading this with diabetes), it could cause them to totally discount the 'sugar aspect' and their condition to worsen.

Are you debating for egoic reasons (with people's health in the balance) or is this a true debate...that is a learning situation/opportunity for both posters AND the readers? Me wonders. Maybe you truly believe a high-fat diet is the cause of diabetes, but you'll have a hard time convincing the generations of civilizations that lived on whale-blubber that never experienced diabetes.

>>Just because avocado oil comes from a fruit does'nt mean you should have it during a fast. All fat and protein are detrimental to a fast<<

I didn't say that BECAUSE avocado oil comes from fruit that you SHOULD have it during a fast. I said fats are necessary for vital organ function (especially the brain & liver) and should not be overlooked. The energy diverted from digestion for healing is one THE major attributes of a juice fast, but using a few hours of 'digestion energy' weekly (say in the 30 day fast) is NOT going the "ruin" the fast or be significantly detrimental. Gerson DID eventually allow his patients one tablespoon of raw flax oil daily. If you're aware of the Budwig research, you would know that the CORRECT balance/type of fat is vital to beating cancer. Gerson changed his 'no fat' protocol after learning of Budwig's research (or so it is stated here)

http://www.consumerhealth.org/gerson.html

If ALL fat and protein are DETRIMENTAL to a juice fast (which they are NOT), then we should eliminate ALL the fruits & vegetables that contain fats and/or proteins...so you just eliminated these:

VEGETABLE PROTEIN:

Artichokes, Avocados, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green peas, Green pepper, Kale, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard green, Olives Onions, Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Turnip greens, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini

PROTEIN IN FRUITS: Apple, Banana, Cantaloupe, Grape, Grapefruit, Honeydew melon, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

'Tis gonna be a pretty tough juice fast.

>>The Gerson plan calls for having 20 juices/day. It's better to have three or four.<<

Wowee-zowee, now you know more/better about juice-fasting than Gerson himself? Gosh, golly-gee, I wish I would have realized that sooner. (all sarcasm intended :)

>>One fasts to give their body a rest and detoxify, not for nutrition<<

One can THINK that a juice fast for giving the body a rest, but the body doesn't "rest" at all when juice fasting!! It utilizing the extra energy that was previously diverted to digestion/assimilation/elimination AND the large amounts of nutrition (in the form of vitamins, minerals and live enzymes that are EASILY & QUICKLY assimilated & digested) to fight whatever invader or disease that needs to be fought, or to heal/repair/balance whatever systems & body functions are in a state of disease. The cornerstone of juice fasting is the fact that one is able to ingest/assimilate/utilize FAR more nutrition from alive juices that one ever can from whole fruits & vegetables (or any other food source).

Juice fasts soley for detoxification purposes are the one area where only a few juices (of certain types for certain purposes) might be suggested or superior.

>>Also drinking that much liquid might cause electrolyte imbalances.<<

It would extremely difficult for a juice fast consisting of 10-20 various organic fruits & vegetables daily (FULL of the very minerals/elements needed for electrolytic balance) to cause an electrolyte imbalance. Gerson's patients had juice AND vegetarian meals...which is not a true juice fast, but worthy of note.

A Water Fast (especially one without natural salt), or a juice fast with a limited selection of juices (like this one: >>>It's better to have three or four.<<<), most certainly DOES carry the potential of an electrolyte imbalance, and one should carefully monitor themselves for symptoms.

Quite honestly vhris, I'm a bit disappointed in your reply; I fear I may have overestimated your critical thinking skill level. If so, you certainly have my sincerest of apologies. 'Tis never my intention to waste time or beome ego-centered when posting on Curezone. I feel the biggest blessing (and victory) one can ever achieve is to be proven incorrect...as that way one can replace (detox from! :) incorrect knowledge and replace it with the truth.

Here's hoping for that kind of blessing & victory for both of us :)

Unyquity

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=854980