CureZone   Log On   Join

Went THIRTY-TWO days, but should've ended SOONER! by High on Water ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   4/13/2007 1:26:15 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   2,720
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=846158

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

This has to be graphic so you all will know.

Yep, that bitter taste in my mouth, I now know is coming from my own saliva. It is not from my tongue.

I will admit that going to a fasting clinic would truly be the best way to go on an extended fast, but of course I cannot afford to do that.

Having said that, I didn't recognize that when I got that very bitter taste, I should have realized that I was about depleted of my glucose levels! (A professional would have known!) The angry outburst at my daughter should have been my second clue! Not being able to make proper decisions, is another clue! Perhaps salt NOT tasting like salt was another clue?

I've also been getting a pressure of sorts, like when you go up in an airplane, and have to chew gum, or blow through a plugged nose to release the pressure. I've been getting that for two days now, also. Perhaps that ties into things...?

I slept like a log last night, sleeping through the night, but felt lousy upon waking...I KNEW then, that I needed to eat. I asked my daughter, who awoke at the same time, to bring me an orange juice.

It...was...so...sweet...too sweet. Have you ever had one of those glucose tests? The kind where they give you a disgustingly sweet drink to drink after fasting for 12 or 24 hours? Well, this plain old Minute Maid orange juice, with NO added sugar, tasted sweeter than that! I couldn't enjoy it! But, the more I sipped, the clearer-headed I became! So, I kept sipping. I felt a bit of strength coming back.

The more I sipped, the more the saliva came in...BITTER. Oh, the combination made me want to vomit! But I knew that wouldn't be a good thing to do, so I just kept taking real deep breaths, and sipping slow. I kept thinking, "Must build up glucose reserves, must build up potassium, must get electrolytes, must get...an ORANGE!"

I remembered that I had picked up oranges just yesterday and was able to get up and have one. It was so much better than the juice. Like an idiot, I threw the juice down the drain. That was stupid. I needed to keep building up the sugar. After taking my daughter to school, I picked up a watermelon. I am presently still working on it, but it's not a very sweet one. Still have bitter saliva, but it is getting less bitter.

I don't know how long it will take to get rid of the bitter saliva altogether, but it has now been 5 hours since that first sip and I still have it. I get nauseated if I don't put some kind of fructose into me every hour, much less every two. Breaking a fast with food should be very enjoyable, and with every fast in my past, it WAS! This time, it is with fighting nausea. I went too long.

I should have broken my fast WAY before today! Probably on Monday, day 29!

Please learn from my stupidity! Please do NOT let your own fasts go too long!

At the very least, long-term fasting should be able to be done in a peaceful atmosphere, where you don't have to work, and deal with food, or angry people, or...or...or...LOL!

I have NO plans to fast again any time soon! However, if I do, it WILL be the "Bragg" way! (Bragg suggested fasting 1 day per week, 3 days per month, and 7-10 days per season).

Please learn from me here, and take notes. Since we are trying to do better, we must learn from our mistakes, as well as our successes!

I will continue to eat nothing but watery fruits, and then back off to eating once every two hours (eating how Fuhrman suggests on day 1/breaking a fast) when my saliva is no longer bitter. Right now, I feel I must build up what I totally depleted. I am chewing slowly, pre-digesting in my mouth before swallowing. My glucose levels are a priority, obviously.

After I'm able to go the "every two hours with watery fruits" stage, I will then enter the next day with eating the same way, only every three hours. Then, on the next day, I will introduce organic bibb or romaine lettuce, then finally, I will add things like tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, and if a need, potatoes and/or butternut squash...this is all per Dr Fuhrman, as well.

Eating is not enjoyable right now. It is a necessity. Please do not go too long.

Peace, joy, and happiness to all of you.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=846158