CureZone   Log On   Join

Shoulder Rebuilding by Logger ..... BodyBuilding Forum

Date:   4/10/2007 10:02:43 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   3,938
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=843636

I had a thread someplace on exercises for rebuilding my sholder, which I pulled out of place.

I went to a chiropractor, and it feel like the srm is correctly in the shoulder socket now. I am building up the muscles to keep it in the shoulder socket.

I am doing some cable flies, and leaning over a bench, lifting one leg and pulling a hand barbell weight to my chest, at the solar plexis, and swing back ouit so my arm is lifting up, to almost abovfe teh level of my back.

Another swing is to culrl a hand barbell up past my ear, tne out to my side, at about shoulder level. I swing the weight pendulum up, from my chest, and extend my arm up towards benind my back.

I did some 15 pound weights, just lifting, curling up to the middle of my chest, leaning over a bench, with one leg reaised, to make my back parallel with the floor.  That was the direction when my slight dislocation occrrred.  Apparently I need to build up those muscles to keep myself from falling off a ladder or pipe climbing.  Probably not too many people try to build muscles for climbing up the side of machinery, hanging onto the pipes beside the machinery. Obviously I need to be able to support more than 15 pounds, but I am starting someplace.

I tried knealing with the fly high, and pullling down with one hand.  From my Arm extended fully up, to pulling down to my shoulder and chest level.  I moved my knealing position from the cable directly above my ahoulder, to slightly in front of me, to slightly in back of me.  Three sets from slightly different positons.  Since my right sholder is healing, I used lighter weights on the right side.  The same exercise could be done with a a bar, but I was trying for a lightger weight on the right side.

I am hoping that the overhead cables and try pulling down to straingthen the muscles holding the shoulder, and the arm end ball in the socket, in positon.

I also tried pulling backwards from the Cable souce in front of me; Above the shoulder, at the shoulder height, and from below the shoulder height.

I did a few reps pulling the cable from behind me, towrds my front, at, above, and below the shoulder height.  There are a lot of little muscles that suport the shoulder from many different angles, so it takes quite a few exercises to fuly exercise a shoulder.  Man's hand is coplex, but the shoulder has more different muscles form more different angles, it seems to me.

Extend shoulders off a bench, lying on my side, take a ligher hand barbell, and lift it up over and around to my ear, over my head.  Feel the trapezius muscles pulling.  Can also be done with a fly cable sta at the top of my head, and pull the cable over the top of my head.  Tensioning the arm as it pulls a weight across the top of my head.

I had some exercise Links, but I can't find those posts in my list of posts.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=843636