CureZone   Log On   Join

For Roadtohealing re: Skin & EFA's by wombat ..... Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Forum

Date:   1/29/2007 4:39:22 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   4,086
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=823473

2 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi Road! I've gathered some info for you on the correlation of eczema & lack of EFA's. I do believe that one of the reasons that folks report good results with skin issues from OP is that when we swish oil, we absorb nutrients from the oil as well as removing toxins.

Here's what Udo Erasmus "Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill" has to say about fatty acids and skin health:

"Acne, some kinds of eczema, greasy skin & dry skin all involve fatty degeneration. Improvements in nutrition can help all of these skin conditions.

Eczema can result from 2 major causes, allergic reactions to food or environmental allergens, or a lack of EFA's. For the latter, EFA-rich oils must be provided. Flax and Hemp provide w3's. Soybean, walnut, safflower, sunflower and sesame oils provide mainly w9's. Virgin olive oil is an unrefined, unheated source of EFA's.

Acne results from consuming fats that associate poorly with proteins, an excess of hard fats (such as those found in red meats, butter and cheeses) that will not flow, and too little of the liquid, freely flowing EFA containing oils. Chemically altered fats such as margarine and shortening belong on the list.(this includes any commercially prepared baked goods) Hard fats and (hard) protein debris clog narrow pores, and invite infection by bacteria.

Liquid, freely flowing, EFA-containing oils are REQUIRED for healthy skin. W3's make skin soft and velvety. The best way to oil our skin is from the inside, using liquid, flowing, unrefined w3 and w6 oils found in foods."

Nuts, seeds, and coldwater fish are the excellent sources of EFA's. EFA's can also be found in vegetables and fruits, in smaller amounts. And, of course, we can supplement with balanced oils like hemp and Udo's.

Here's a link to a post of Trapper's, contains an excellent recipe:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=819396#i

A post by Molly on OP and a skin condition, keratosis pilaris:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=787477#i

A post by Melvel on OP and acne:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=791628#i

A post by moi on Ayurvedic annointing of oil:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=791628#i

A post by Corey on benefits of oil rub:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=110864#i

A post by moi on various oils and their benefits:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=766329#i

:)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=823473