CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Honest suggestions, please by Nyssa ..... Obesity Support Forum

Date:   1/11/2007 11:21:47 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   2,777
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=808649

No problem. Here is what I have for you ....I'll paste the trial diet below. I contimplated the calorie intake a bit. You mentioned that you could eat upwards of 4000 per day....considering that , your height and weight....activity level, which I'm going to call mild to moderate....considering that you shouldn't be put into COMPLETE shock over your calorie intake, AND that you really do meed to take off some weight to avoid more serious health issues, I decided to go with 1500 calories to start. If this is not enough for you we can go up to 1800. The 1800 is normally a maintaining amount though, after you reach ideal size. Also, that varies if your activity changes which it very may well when you are feeling better. Of course the more active you are the more calories you will need.

Go whole grain when you can. Of course unprepared foods are best ( no boxed and/or canned) and fresh fruits and veggies are best. (I'm sure you know this). I'm gonna give you a rough guideline of your exchanges, if you have any specific foods that you aren't sure about let me know. It's very hard to post it on here!! Individual foods will be easier.

IMPORTANT INFO. It is just as important that you eat ALL of this food in a day as it is to NOT over eat. Follow this faithfully for 2 weeks and your body will begin to TELL you if it is right for you. If you begin to feel overwhelmingly hungary at certain times of the day, and it seems to be the same time 2-3 days in a row, this means we need to move somethings around for you BECAUSE YOUR BODY NEEDS IT so let me know ASAP as I don't want you to be uncomfortable, also if there are time that it is HARD to eat all of the portions, let me know about it. The other trick to this diet is that is is EXTREMELY important that you eat SOME of every food group. If you become full, please try to take in a bit of each type of food. I found the easiest trick to that is to "make rounds" on your plate....example take a bite of starch, then a bite of meat, then a bite of veggie, then a bite of fruit....etc... This is what "turns your body back on to nature". In other words it forces your brain back to it's natural state where it will tell you what types of foods your body REALLY needs at what times instead of craving the "i don't know what's" which make us eat poorly! lol

Rough list of exchange foods and sizes:

Starches - pasta, bread (1 slice is one exchange), cereal, potatoes, CORN, PEAS,SQUASH (winter squashes), BEANS (including lima beans), rice barley....etc... All of these are 1/3 to 1/2 cup serving sizes (in other words 1/2 cup of mashed potato is one starch "exchange")Cereals; you can read the nutritional info. on each box for the "serving size" which WILL BE your exchange.

Fruit: 1/2 a banana is an exchange, but most other fresh fruits, medium sized are one exchange. Fruit juices are 4 oz. ...one exchange. or 1/2 cup if cut up and being measured. (if you cut up a medium sized apple or pear they are usually about 1/2 cup)

Milk: 8oz (1 cup) is one exchange. Please measure the first few times,as this is NOT as much as most people think it is. Fat free milk has 90 calories per serving, low fat 120 calories, whole milk 150 calories. This group includes yogurt as well, the serving size for yogurt is about 3/4 cup of all types.

( ALL OF THE ABOVE GROUPS CONTAIN APPROXIMATELY 15 GRAMS OF CARBOHYDRATES, AND BESIDES THE MILK GROUP ALL ALSO CONTAIN ABOUT 60 CALORIES PER EXCHANGE/SERVING)

Vegetable: EASY... 1/2 cup cooked. 1 cup raw of ANY nonstarchy vegtable* Steam them when cooked and there are no added calories and these do not have to be counted in your daily intake as they have so few calories and/ or carbohydrates. They should be eaten where ever listed on the diet to ensure you get a minimum of the daily servings of veggies. (EATING ALL THE FOOD GROUPS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
*(starchy veggies are included int he starch section. They are not metabolized the same way and they have more calories and carbs per serving than other vegatables)

Meat: 1 oz. is one exchange. Try to eat leaner meats and a variety of types. (poultry, fish, red, pork) You do NOT need to include meat in every meal, but when the meal suggests portions of meat remember that if you exclude it you should replace the calories. Since I assume you are going to go with "lean meat" that would be between 35 and 55 calories per exchange.

Fat: 5 grams of fat is one exchange...bacon, butter, margerine, oils, shortening. Most of the time you do not need to ADD any fat to the meal even though it lists it in the diet plan, as it is usually included in the food (ex: 8oz. of 2% milk has 5 grams of fat in it already. Skim milk has 0-3 grams in it already)

1500 calorie exchange diet:

Breakfast:
1 starch
1 fruit
1 milk
1 oz meat(optional)
2 fat

Lunch
2 starches (this means for example 2 slices of bread)
1 fruit
1 vegatable
1 milk
4oz lean meat (weigh this, it helps you to see the potion sizes...2 oz fits in your palm....)
1 fat

3pm snack
1 starch

Dinner
1 starch
1 fruit
1 milk
1 vegetable
3oz meat
1 fat

8pm snack
1 cup raw veggies with 1 TBSP dressing

If you are confused at all( which most people are...lol) please let me know. I will help you!! ;)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=808649