CureZone   Log On   Join

"I found some people's advice helpful, and for that I'm grateful" by #68384 ..... Relationship Support Forum

Date:   1/5/2007 5:16:57 PM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   17,928
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=804725

I stated above and in other posts to this thread that I felt some posts were helpful. But one person's post, although lengthy, was somewhat sarcastic, and that was not helpful. That is the post I was referring to and quoted from. "What are you doing picking her up from school ANYWAY?" is one example -- if you think about it, why would someone find it strange that a parent picks a child up from school? That made me think the poster's approach wasn't realistic, and the sarcasm made me think the advice wasn't "spectacularly insightful" like another person did.

One person stated that pouting and whining, etc. were normal things for a child to do... I agree, IF that's occasional behavior, not the normal modus operandi. I don't think THOSE behaviors qualify as "acting like an animal" and I didn't state as such. But I do think that screaming rages, throwing things at the walls, etc. are animalistic type behaviors. I wouldn't qualify behaviors like "why aren't you helping me with my homework?" when the parent is sitting right next to her with a pencil showing her how to do it, as being "animalistic" either. However when you look at the whole picture of daily behavior, that is not normal. It's the whole picture, not just one or two isolated incidents.

It's unfortunate, but the biological mother doesn't help anything. She told us that she asked her daughter if having a new stepbrother was making her act naughty. Of course, the girl said yes. Way to plant ideas in a kid's head!

Just to clarify, I stopped checking and responding to this thread because, as I stated in my previous post, I found some people's advice helpful.... not because I've experienced a raw nerve, as you suggest. It appears that folks who post at Curezone are not required to continually check back and continue responding for weeks. I remain grateful to those people whose advice was helpful.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=804725