CureZone   Log On   Join

I had eczema for about over three years now by #165338 ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   1/9/2006 8:57:56 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   3,793
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=7986

I had eczema for about over three years now. It pretty much took away my social life. It controlled what I would do. As a kid, I always had allergies but it was just a little rash here and there and I got to control it with lotion. As I entered my 30s, I noticed I had dry patches of skin on my hands. I never thought about it as being anything serious (little that I know). It kept progressing. It got worse and worse this happened around when my father was ill with lung cancer. I am sure the stress and having a new job with a crazy boss didn't help either as I have read that stress can worsen your eczema. Now my hands don't even look like hands anymore. It has water bubbles underneath the skin and cracks which are painful. My life has been a complete hell eversince. It is like having a disease and not knowing what to do with it. For over two years, I overdosed on steroid creams. I was so desperate already. I kept putting it on like it was lotion. Even tho my mom (a nurse) told me not to use steroid creams for long periods of time, out of deseration I heed her warning.

When I am out of the house, I hide my hands at all times. i didn't want anyone to see it. I had one guy see it when I was paying for toll. I swear he almost jumped out of his seat. I was so embarrassed I just wanted to die.

As of now, I am still suffering from severe eczema or psoriasis. I don't use steroid creams anymore. I wasn't feeling good anymore everytime I used it. I have done everything to soothe my hands. For months now, I have been on the internet looking for answers. I came across Shirley's Wellness Cafe. It sorta gave me hope. It seems like I have to give up alot of things that I love like junk food.

Honestly, I would give it all that up just to have normal hands. I haven't even shown my hands to my lover thinking he would leave me. It is such an embarrassment. I started taking some flax oil, fish oil capsules, and other oils she recommended. So far, the healing is very very very slow with my hands. Actually I haven't seen changes since I have only been on it for a week. I am also gonna try going on organic diet to detoxify my body.

One thing I have to say is that the little eczema(?) rashes I have on my knee and elbows which isn't really that bothersome has cleared up. I never had perfect skin to begin with something I always dreamed of. So in some aspect, the regimen is working. The little allergies I have on my body is clearing up so I pray to God that my hands will begin to heal slowly but surely.

One thing I have to say when I started taking flax oil is I have a weird feeling....kinda sleepy but not really. I don't know but at least it isn't the type of feeling when I put on steroid creams. I just wasnt feeling healthy anymore.

Another thing was in my early club youth going days, I took ecstasy. I am not sure if that has anything to do with my body being like what it is now.

I am going to try the natural way of healing my body. Please let me know if any of this natural stuff really works. I am kinda doubtful but after reading articles in Shirley's Wellness Cafe. Alot of it makes sense. Please let me know more of natural ways of healing and detoxifying one's body. I do think my body just needs to heal. Please put eczema as a heading when you write responses.

Thank you.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=7986