CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: At Wits End after Mirena Removal by txjuliebee ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   11/30/2006 2:12:38 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   105,460
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=783113

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi all,
I am an ex-Mirena user. I have been Mirena free for over a year now. I talk on another health site with more ex-Mirena users, and wanted to let you know that it is very common to hit a "crash" around 10-14 days after removal that seems to last about a week to 10 days. Right after removal you feel GREAT, like an emotional high from knowing your troubles will soon be over and then for some reason a dark mood hits around that 2 week mark, you feel so tired, moody, and blah.
We figure that it is the complete removal of hormones from the Mirena from your bloodstream (should happen around 4-5 days after removal) but that your body is not yet prepared to start producing the correct hormones on its own yet. This can take time. And even when it starts producing LH, FSH, estrogen, and progesterone and kick starting your menstrual cycle again it is often slow, or irregular and sometimes too fast. This darn Mirena REALLY screws your body up! And while the HORMONE from it is out of your body within days of removal the EFFECTS of it are much longer lasting. My cycles did not regulate for SEVEN MONTHS after removal. They were long, and they got shorter with every cycle but they were not normal for SEVEN months! Other women I talk to are now being considering "perimenopausal" at age 35 when this is soemthing that usually occurs around 45-50.
The moods will improve, the weight will come off, but it's not going to happen in 2 weeks. It's going to take some time. You will notice large leaps and bounds in certain aspects (I lost 15 pounds the first month I had my Mirena out without trying!) but it's not going to be all just a piece of cake. This stupid IUD has LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS. Don't get to hard on yourself for not being back to normal within a week or 2 after removal.

Julie

P.S. - There is light at the end of the tunnel!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=783113