CureZone   Log On   Join

help for the menapause/pmt by cramy ..... Menopause, Premenopause

Date:   11/11/2006 12:43:05 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   2,274
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=771841

Dong quai is an aromatic herb that grows in China, Korea, and Japan. The reputation of Don quai is second only to Ginseng and is considered the ultimate, all-purpose woman's tonic herb. It is used for almost every gynecological complaint from regulating the menstrual cycle to treating menopausal symptoms caused by hormonal changes. Dong quai is frequently used by the Chinese as a strengthening treatment for the heart, spleen, liver and kidneys. Both men and women use the herb as a general blood tonic. Dong quai contains vitamins E, A and B12. Researchers have isolated at least six coumarin derivatives that exert antispasmodic and vasodilatory effects. Antispasmodics are a remedy for menstrual cramps. The essential oil in dong quai contains Ligustilide, butylphthalide and numerous other minor components. Ferulic acid and various polysaccharides are also found in dong quai's root. These elements can prevent spasms, reduce blood clotting and relax peripheral blood vessels. Research has shown that don quai produces a balancing effect on estrogen activity. Modern treatments prescribe the herb to combat PMS and to help women resume normal menstruation after using birth control pills. The herb has been found useful in balancing and treating many female systems and cycles. Dong quai's constituents can act to stimulate the central nervous system which can remedy weakness and headaches associated with menstrual disorders. It strengthens internal reproductive organs, helps with endometriosis and internal bleeding or bruising. It relieves menopausal conditions such as vaginal dryness and hot flashes. The herb has also been used as a blood purifier, to promote blood circulation and nourish the blood in both sexes. It is high in iron content and may help to prevent iron deficiency and anemia. Studies show that it can aid in regulating blood sugar and in lowering blood pressure. Dong quai has a mild sedative effect which can relieve stress and calms the nerves. It has also be used to stimulate the uterus during childbirth, treat insomnia, alleviate constipation and for migraine headaches. What others are saying "I am 28 yrs old and after discontinuing my birth control pills my period had become irregular with lots of acne on my face. After a while in June I came to know about Dong Quai and started off with it. My PMS seems to be in control since then and my acne seems to have disappeared totally... This month (July) I have had my period as well as no PMS or acne even with the onset of my menstrual cycle."- Nimmu "I have been taking your recommended herbs, Dong Quai, MellowPause and Femalite for a couple of months and just would like to know do you take this forever now that I have reached Menopause or should I only be taking this for a few months. I do have to tell you that all of my symptoms have totally disappeared. I probably started your course about last week of May. My sister is actually a Homeopath practicing in London and I will be visiting her in September and I can't wait to share my news with her! Thanking you."- Clare Livingston "I would like to let you know that this Menopause Treatment has done wonders for me!! Thank you." - Clare M. "Before I started taking Dong Quai I was suffering from extreme dizziness, nausea, intense long-lasting headaches, anxiety, and a variety of other unpleasant symptoms that were directly related to my hormonal cycle. I saw several doctors who diagnosed me with PMS and told me it was normal and suggested birth control pills (Which only made it worse) to regulate the symptoms...Things got so bad I thought I'd never feel good for more than a few days a month; I was becoming quite depressed about my situation and despaired that I would have to live the rest of my life this way. Within 30 days of taking Dong Quai ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS HAVE VIRTUALLY DISAPPEARED!! Please, if you suffer from PMS try Dong Quai...it has changed my outlook on life and made me feel good again...everyday!" - Stephanie, NY

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=771841