CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Nursing and Feeding issues by onthejourney ..... Pregnancy, Birth & Homebirth

Date:   11/2/2006 9:12:36 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   2,012
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=766564

A person has to have already been exposed to something to have an allergic reaction. Thus a child will not have a reaction unless he has ingested the food before. Possibly the restaurant food had something in it. Like if they used butter substitute, maybe it had milk derivatives in it. I doubt it was the mineral water.

"For babies who show signs of being allergic or sensitive or the family has a history of allergies, highly allergenic foods should be avoided the first year. Certain foods may not be suitable for the baby born into a family with a history of allergies. Solid foods should be delayed until at least 6 months and mother should be more restrictive to which foods are introduced before baby reaches one year.

Highly allergenic foods include cow's milk, eggs (esp the whites), peanuts and other nuts, citrus fruits and juices, berries with seeds, dried fruits, wheat, corn, pork, fish (including shellfish), tomatoes, onions, cabbage, chocolate and any other food that causes allergic reactions in other family members or that the baby has shown sensitivity to throught the mother's milk," (LLL)

Breast milk helps baby digest the solids so possibly he is able to eat more having the breast milk to help him digest it. Good first foods for the allergic baby are rice (brown or white - make your own) and put some breat milk in it, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocados, pears, cooked apples, apricots or plums, carrots and hormones/ Antibiotic free animals protein like lamb, poultry or beef. You know the protocol, start with one thing for about a week to see if there is a reaction.

It sounds like you have the classic sensitive/allergic baby. Hope this is helpful.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=766564