CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: help - my 18 years old son severe eczema by eureca ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   8/15/2005 6:56:22 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   5,323
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=7511

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

As usual, Aunty is very thorough in her response. There are a lot of things to consider when faced with severe eczema. There are internal and external causes, although the internal causes are most likely to be at the root of the problem.

Prednisone is a quick cure but the problem is that you can't stay on it or you risk damage to organs in your body. Otherwise we would all get on it and stay on it.

That said, these are the rules that I go by:

1) DO no further harm.
FInd out what you're allergic to either by testing or by elimination and then REMOVE the offending foods/allergens. To help the body, it first needs to heal. SOmetimes this can be accomplished by prednisone, although only in the severest of cases as prednisone suppresses the immune system and part of the problem with Eczema is a faulty immune system. You need to be on a diet limited to what your body can comfortably process. That means the junk food has to go. Remove external allergens too as your body finds it difficult to heal with constant onslaughts.

2) Support and heal the body - clean the bowels, flush the liver, take probiotics to feed good bacteria into the digestive system, take enzymes to reduce the body burden, look into HCI supplements to assist with breaking down food and other pathogens ( I read that a great deal of eczema sufferers have very little acid in their stomach for breaking food down). Read about vitamins, minerals and other things that can support the skin, the liver and kidneys and take them. Vitamin A and zinc are often called skin nutrients, but there are more that can help. Drink LOTS of water and keep the skin clean and moisturized. Be sure that you are having at least one bowel movement per day. Take some kind of omega fatty acid for providing good oils to the skin.

Give things time to work and keep a journal of what works and what doesn't for you. When you feel that you have reached a good level of improvement and that your body has healed, maybe you can begin introducing one allergic food at a time.

Unfortunately, there are rarely fast cures in natural therapy, but once you achieve relief it is often longer lasting, sometimes permanent.

Good luck.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=7511