CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: --Did you take Reading in Grade school ?-- by #59694 ..... Supplements Debate Forum

Date:   10/6/2006 10:54:45 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   15,419
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=749725

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I took Reading in grade school , and my mother taught herself to read from comics at three>>That might have affected me. She read to me from poetry collections, because she was tone-deaf and felt she couldn't sing.  (but I wouldn't ever throw such questions around. Many didn't get the opportunity: I have a foster child who is just now learning, while 100 more like her will not --Thus, I don't think the charge is in good taste.) Or prhaps it just shows the speaker hasn't travelled out of the US.

I was raised by a writer, and trained to be one. I love words and was a big spelling bee winner back in the day --- I was also later taught that we are only allowed three exclamation marks--total !!! Obviously, that was partly humour, but the truth of it hangs on. Three times is all you get. (Think about it--as is said in the movie "falling down": highly recommended for these desperate times) After all, it's only Time.

Pffft. an illusion, I'm told.

Anyway, back to the !
As a result, I tend to 'zone out' after three of them!!! Where's the gist? Why the smoke? And then I wake up with the sense the whole could be pared down by two-thirds. (I was raised by an editor: the same mother)

And when they (!) are in every sentence, COMBINED with the barking AND the " " around words like IF--it makes me wonder

if Moreless is MH's long-lost cousin

the one from the city that is. (or more correctly, the suburbs) No offense.

Moreless, if you are reading this, I like what you do when you are straightforward and very poised: in the centre of the cross of balance,so to speak--but this carrying on gets pretty out there. I would not post this way on your forum, but
I am relieved to feel it's okay to respond here, where we are in Ask Curezone--and to respond openly and honestly, and without any rancor---until, that is, somesone moves this to DEBATE. At that point, I'm gone.

happy moon-trails

gosh Uniquity, you must be marvelling at the turnout.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=749725