CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: just out of curiosity.... by Hidden Username ..... Alkaline/Acid Debate Forum

Date:   9/25/2006 6:30:38 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   7,513
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=742321

4 of 6 (66%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

lifelong supplementation is just not right - glycos, hormones, insulin, thyroxin, vitamins, minerals, probiotics - those are all money pits and dead ends. the environment is everything and most people have too much of everything and create their own imbalances with their diet, et al. that allows everything else to go wrong.

I agree with you 100% on this Trapper. We should not look at any supplements (and in my opinion that includes herbals too) as a substitute for proper diet and other lifestyle changes. When we depend on these things we are staying in the allopathic mode of thinking. Still, when we are sick, toxic or injured I believe that the judicious use of supplements can make a huge difference in our health. The only real answer is to get to the point where our bodies can heal themselves. As we both know that can be a long and difficult journey full of temptations and setbacks. Still, to make any headway in getting and keeping health we have to stop acting like pharma junkies popping this or that pill in an effort to fix the things that ail us. Do you remember the Jefferson Airplane song "Go Ask Alice"? It says one pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you small-even in alternative health circles it seems too many people are looking for that perfect pill when the real answer lies within our grasp.

I don't deny that I have quite a few issues with MH. Mostly its a matter of what really amounts to "obeying nature". However, in the recent non-debate on the lime question the Barefoot Herbalist came out the winner by acting like a gentleman and a scholar. He did not resort to name calling and personal attacks. My respect for him went up 100%, while the other guy showed his true colors.

I use a green drink to get my minerals. It might not strictly be along MH's line of obeying Nature, and it is more costly than pickling lime, but it works for me. In the long run self discovery and following our own knowledge and instincts is the most important thing. I went against my instincts and tried the lime, it was one of the worst mistakes of my life. From now on my minerals will come from plant sources, hopefully fresh, but using the green powder as a powerful backup.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=742321