CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: sorry, accidentally posted twice by #46443 ..... Obesity Support Forum

Date:   6/13/2005 2:20:17 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   2,788
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=724650

I understand how you feel. I tried to get into a medical weightloss program at my hospital and just got the letter today that my referral was denied. I have insurance and I pay around 400 a month for it but it doesn't cover s@#$.
Gastric bypass may have some benefits but it is WAAAYY risky. I have a nurse friend who takes care of the patients post-op and have heard some horror stories. Also, another nurse that she works with has had the surgery but managed to stretch out her stomach again. She eats whatever unhealthy food she desires and is starting to gain the weight back. What's the point?
You have plenty of options available to you and this website is a good place to start getting ideas. You said that a treadmill is too expensive, but the ground is free! If it is too hot or cold outdoors for you to walk then you can do it inside. When I started back up exersizing after my 80 pound weight gain I used leslie sansones walk away the pounds videos. They are really easy to follow, no no fancy choreography and you can do them at your own pace.
For the groceries, maybe you could get some of your produce from the frozen section. It might not be best, but it's not too bad and you don't have to worry about it going bad. Beans are pretty cheap still and they are really good for you. Look around you area for a cheaper store too. I shop at aldi alot. Milk is a 1.70 and other basics are really good. However, they don't have the best selection or healthies varieties of food. They do sell some fresh fruits and vegetables though.
Try to look at things in a more positive light. Take small steps and soon you will be able to take long strides towards your goals. It will happen if you want it too. I

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=724650