CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Help Please! Weeping Eczema! by aunty ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   6/4/2005 10:51:00 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   34,977
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=7207

Hello,

Exfoliation of the dead skin cells is how the skin naturally rids itself of the toxic bacteria found in dead skin cells. You are right in your concern not to further aggravate the skin; however, you do need to rid the skin of the bacteria/dead skin cells that takes place in the process of exfoliation. We aide the skin exfoliation process with scrubs, peels, and loofahs/buff puff pads. In your case, and at this stage, a gentle exfoliating cleanser would probably be sufficient. The all natural oatmeal exfoliate that you mentioned sounds like a good choice to continue using during your cleansing process. I would simply apply it without the use of any additional exfoliating enhancers, like the loofahs or buff puff pads. Just use your hands and gently apply the product with a light touch/water rinse during this highly sensitive stage of your healing.

Basically, your instincts were right. You knew the importance of the exfoliation of the dead skin cells; but you also knew that a scrub could provide further irritation to your highly irritated skin. A solution to that could be a gentle exfoliating wash (not a scrub). I think that the product you mentioned could fall into the category of a gentle exfoliating wash. In any case, you definitely don't want to scrub the open, weeping skin at this stage. To me, your instincts and thought process seems to be going in the right direction. However, and because I can't see your face, it's hard for me to judge the stage of your skin's healing process. If it is extremely raw, red, or blistery, then I wouldn't apply a scrub. I would simply continue with a gentle wash and a pat dry of the skin.

That was really quick work regarding your dental needs. I hope that you've found a dentist who is aware of the natural filling alternatives and will accomodate you in the process. Please let us know what happens.

aunty

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=7207