CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: What Agenda? by Atalanta ..... Abortion Debate Forum

Date:   5/6/2006 12:11:55 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   3,702
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=710507

1 of 2 (50%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

With this statement I felt attacked.
The only person that said they thought IVF was selfish was me.
You directed this statement at me, did you not?
Since I am Pro-Choice this doesn't apply to me so yes this IS an issue and I felt attacked, so a WTF was DEFINITELY called for.

Well, it wasn’t directed at you, really, and if you don’t want to believe that then go ahead and curse. I actually went back over it when I first wrote it and deleted words which would make it apply to you because I didn’t know whether you pro life or choice. It was just a statement to tie it to abortion and give an example of selfishness. In my head I was not planning an attack. It wasn’t pertaining to anyone, but you don’t want to accept that because you are set on flaming up at me. Fine. I really don’t care.

I would try to remember your fellow posters on the board so maybe things like this wouldn't happen, because it feels like you lashed out at me. Why lash out at me just because my opinion about IVF is different? At least I'm not forcing it on you.

I don’t feel like I lashed out at you at all.

In my opinion you are being a bit far fetched here. For some reason what I posted about IVF struck a nerve inside of you. Maybe you should ask yourself why.

First off. Me? You’re the one cursing here and using CAPS which represent yelling. So I think you have our rolls reversed here about who’s nerves are struck where. Second. I love how everyone pretends to be a psychologist on this site. Third I feel like you are thinking like the pro-lifers think with that comment. You group everyone who has ever used IVF into one slim category of being selfish, when you don’t know anybody’s story. You are being judgmental without considering people’s emotions or livelihood in the situations that occur.

They're really not thinking of that child that they're going to create.

This is beyond wrong. They are only thinking of the child they will create.

Every woman that goes through the "biological clock" is the same way. "I want a baby" "I want children". It may be biological but it's certainly not a selfless feeling.

There is nothing wrong about it. And they are thinking about the child. Lots actually. Like I said before. Every action can be taken to be selfish. And honestly I don’t see the difference in “selfishness” (as you put it) of women who can bear children without help then those who can’t.

I am assuming that you have no children. Maybe someday after you have a child you may understand what I mean, but then again maybe you won't.

I’m assuming you gave birth to your children, so I don’t assume you’ll ever understand what it’s like not to be able to bare children when you really want to.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=710507