CureZone   Log On   Join

Breaking the fast with raw food--Help! Terrible stomach problems! by 4myhealth ..... Fasting: Juice Fasting Support

Date:   2/9/2005 1:07:34 AM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,097
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=678984

Hi,

Six days ago I completed a 32 day restricted juice fast (which went awesome by the way!). I broke the fast with raw fruit and veggies and am on day six of a total raw food diet. My intention is to start with 30 days 100% raw and then keep going, hopefully for the rest of my life. I have a question however, regarding my terrible reaction to eating. I'm not sure if this is a product of a sensitive digestive system because of the long fast, or other reasons.

I have experienced the worst constipation (about day 2 of the raw food/breaking the fast diet) of my life. I suppose I wasn't very smart and had a homemade raw trail mix made of raw cashews, raw sunflower seeds, raisins, and dates. I had a little too much and experienced severe gas, bloating, and the inability to evacuate.

Two days later, no nuts involved, I was very careful and had a mashed avocado (with a few spices to make guac) with 1 small sliced mushroom, 2 small vine tomatoes, and 4 pieces of cauliflower. I probably had more than I should have, I was a little too full afterwards, and then about 25 minutes later (roughly 6:30), I proceeded to experience the WORSE case of diarrhea of my entire life (complete with very foul burps). Finally, at 4:50 in the morning, I was able to fall asleep.

Today I was very careful, no more diarrhea, but I have had a sour stomach and each time I eat, I can feel the gas creating in my stomach. I am HOPING this is because my digestive system is overly sensitive from the fast, but I'm a little discouraged because raw food is supposed to digest easy.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=678984