CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Need Insight by sslea ..... Relationship Support Forum

Date:   11/24/2005 1:36:28 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   2,360
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=669543

Wow! You made me tear up! He did get hurt very badly. He takes relationships very seriously, as I do as well, but I have never seen anyone this tough to get through to! I know he cares and loves me to an extent, but I want to feel it. He won't even hold my hand! When we have sex, and we have great sex, I have to ask him to kiss me. I have to make all the romantic gestures and when I bring it up he just give me this "do I have to" sigh, and then jokingly does it. I don't want to have to coach some guy to show me he loves me.

You were saying about the part where he was very romantic with his wife, I asked him why he never did that for me and he told me one day when he brought her home a rose she said to him "this is getting kind of old" and that comment just killed it right there. He also said she slept with three different men during their marriage, and he was faithful the whole time because marriage ment something to him. I have totally stuck by his side. I think I have held my feelings in soooo long that I am getting bitter. I know I made a mistake in the beginning for letting that other man, who by the way, was just full of words and was just jealous, back into my life. I think that reminded him of his wife. At the beginning I was a little jaded myself and didn't know what a sweet guy that I had. He is a police officer and tries to act like nothing gets to him so when he never acted out his feelings or verbalized them I just assumed we were dating and didn't see anything wrong with letting him know I wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction.

Every time I tell him how I feel he just says, "maybe I'm just a bitter bastard". So, you think I should stick it out and see what happens? I am getting tired of spending my holidays alone and special occasions because he won't include me with his kids. He also makes comments about my daughter, like "I am glad I have boys." It's like he's taking out his anger on me for what she did. OH! And last week she (the ex) told him she made a mistake and wants him back! She is remarried with a new baby! The man she left him for! He has been even nicer to me since then. I guess that is his way to reassure me. lol He told me why go back to vanilla ice cream when I have all flavors! lol That is his way to compliment.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=669543