CureZone   Log On   Join

Oat meal nut cookies by Elaina ..... Recipes Forum

Date:   6/28/2002 1:40:36 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   804
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=64612

well heres one I really enjoy, hope it brings some pleasure to who
ever trys this baby!
Here goes:

Oatmeal nut cookies
ingredients:
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 heaping cup of raw sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tbs.milk (I also use water, but if I'm really naughty I use cream instead :)).)
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour (it depends on the consistency you want. If I use white flour I make sure its organic. you can use some fabulous freshly ground wheat with all its goodness, now this wheat gives it character!)
1 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt
2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of coarsly chopped nuts

Directions:
Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Beat oil and Sugar till mixed.Add eggs, milk,and vanilla and beat well. Add flour, baking soda and salt mix well. Stir in oats and nuts,mix well. Now the trick to making cookies that have an oil base:
Your gonna take a rounded tablespoon and put the dough in between your hands and cup it together with the other hand. Like one of those little domed shaped yoyos we used to get as a kid. Then put your cookies on a cookie sheet and bake till they are browned around edges but still a bit pale in the center (that way they stay chewy after they cool) if you cook them too long they will become a chrunchier cookie. Personal preference is called upon here :)

Anyway I havent seen one kid snub their noses up at this one including the grownups. After all its one way of getting oatmeal down :)).

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.33 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=64612