CureZone   Log On   Join

Eczema & Skin Discolourations; Help Please? by Poisonary ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   8/11/2004 11:26:59 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   25,476
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=6420

Hi. I'm fourteen & have suffered from eczema for as long as I can remember - a particular spot I couldn't help but scratch when I was a lot younger was the part behind my knees. Constant scratching discoloured the skin & the darkened skin is obvious against my skin tone. For the most part, from perhaps 3rd grade until about last November, my eczema had not flared up leaving my skin pretty nice except for the back of my knees.

Suddenly the eczema flared up again (around last Nov., as mentioned above) and I just couldn't resist scratching. Now I have blotches of discoloured skin on my arms, legs, and below my tummy/navel. My mom was distressed over this and took me to the dermatologist many times and she gave me Elidel and a steroid cream to put on the rashes. She asked if there was a cure and the doctor said no, but it should be completely gone by the time I am 18 or 19. I wasn't too bothered by it as I rarely ever wear shorts and a lot of the time I wear jackets. However, I will be having to wear shorts (there is a PE uniform at my high school) once the school semester starts, for PE. (My elementary & middleschool were one and the same and we just did PE in regular school uniform).

So I am asking you all- is there any way to perhaps bring the discoloured patches of skin back to the normal skintone? Or is there a way to hide them? Unfortunately for me I am a teenager and having other high school girls gawk at my legs because it is gross-looking is not my idea of fun. If all else fails I am probably going to wear over the knee socks but that may prove to be tiring. The dermatologist said that if I just keep putting Elidel or the other cream on the discoloured parts, it will eventually go away.

Thank you in advance!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=6420