CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: What's your view on KOLBRIN Bible?? by Scotz2 ..... Christianity Debate

Date:   12/27/2005 5:51:01 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   15,553
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=641782

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Thanks very much everyone for your thoughtful discussion on the Kolbin Bible authenticity.

I also heard the late night radio show. It was Coast to Coast AM (Art Bell's long-running show which he now hosts only a few times a monty) on Dec 12, 2005. The host was Ian Punnet (who alternates with George Noory) and the guest was Glenn Kimball. You can find more info at the link below, and also listen/download if you are a subscriber.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/12/17.html

I agree with Ronslay2's take on it. Foremost in my mind is why there was no discussion about translation of the manuscript from its ancient languages, as well as whatever language it may have been in while kept by the Templars in Britain. Even if in the old English of the 1200's, it would be virtually incomprensible to us now. (Remember how hard it was to understand Beowolf, let alone the much newer Canterbury Tales in English class?) It would seem that the English of the passages that Ian and Glenn read on the show were similar to the King James English of the early 1600's. 400 Years is a huge jump for the English language. Was the original manuscript Cuneiform, Aramaic, or pass through Greek or Latin on its way to King James English? When buying a piece of artwork the provenance is the most important thing to establish.

It would be a shame if it is a fake, as there is so much other evidence to lost ancient civilizations, this would just muddy the waters further.

One can also see a few reader comments on Amazon from a search on "Kolbrin Bible". Mixed reviews there as well.

What have others found to be better documented materials for distant history?

Below is the summary from the Coast to Coast show:

"Recap
Kolbrin Prophecies
Expert in ancient manuscripts, Glenn Kimball, discussed the origin as well as the stories and dire prophecies of The Kolbrin, an anthology of ancient wisdom books found in the Glastonbury Abbey during the 12th century.

The documents were written during the intertestamental period, Kimball explained, and its final form was intact by the beginning of the second century A.D. He said The Kolbrin was used as a textbook in religious schools throughout Great Britain and taught all the way up to the time of the Crusades. The Knights Templar eventually took possession of these documents (to protect them from the likes of King Edward I of England) and redacted The Kolbrin to reflect their point of view, Kimball noted.

Kimball shared several stories from The Kolbrin, including its account of Creation, Adam and Eve, and the Exodus. He also talked about a potential threat to Earth from 'The Destroyer,' a large spherical planetoid in orbit around the Sun. Kimball said The Kolbrin provides a firsthand, journalistic description of the devastation caused the last time this celestial body approached our planet."

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=641782