CureZone   Log On   Join

Uh oh....more presumption.... by #26160 ..... Christianity Debate

Date:   1/31/2005 8:43:12 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   3,368
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=637728

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I have no particular need to limit myself to the KJV. I speak several languages and read in them as well. Some of the languages into which the Bible was translated, (well, one in particular), preceeded the KJV and was translated by a man who was a scholar in both the Greek and the language into which he was translating. In this particular language translation, the particular words and passages which have become the subject of this thread, as well as context, bear no discrepancy with what the KJV contains.

My point precisely, provided that I'm "using my head", is that
you can not rely on one source alone for your information. It has become well too fashionable in the last few years to dismiss the original Greek translations, saying the translators mistranslated the exact meaning of the words. It is interesting that all these arguments sound like exact cookie cutter replicas of one another, and you are telling me that 'I' don't use my head and I'm relying on one man for understanding? I think your penchant for consistently finding fault in others on this board keeps you from synthesizing adecuately what is presented to you.
Intrinsic nuances in diferent languages often render them impossible to translate LITERALLY, however this does not mean that EXACT and ACCURATE translations are not possible. To a
gifted translator, this is entirely possible.
Yes, I agree that political agendas have in the past (as today),
marred the efforts of many Bible translations, but if you truly believe the work of the Holy Spirit, then you must know that there are specially today means of checking the accuracy of any document. However, we can try to distort anything we want if it tickles our ears and suits our purposes. Wouldn't you agree?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=637728