CureZone   Log On   Join

Re:I believe you misinterpret by 12321 ..... Christianity Debate

Date:   5/9/2004 11:40:31 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   2,240
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=631247

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

OK, got it!

As to Jesus; I absolutely believe He was crucified, killed and resurrected exactly as illustrated by the gospels.
Specifically, I see His ressurection as a victory over death and a defining moment in satan's mentality depicting inevitable, unequivical, absolute loss.
It fulfilled prophecy and hence God's word; through His ressurection Jesus proved to the world he was the Christ and God. Only through Him are we saved; the works of our faith are founded on His blood and body.

Astrology. I found this tough actually. I've never really been into it; as such I didnt know much about it. However I've come to the conclusion that if it is used as a tool of divination it is sinful (as God detests this); if it acts as a foundation in anyway to a person's faith (in anything, that is, including God) it is a sin - Jesus is the only foundation; if someone claims reading the stars is a self-esteemed gift, it is a sin.

I would suppose, however, that if someone believes God is behind astrology and claims they have been given a spiritual gift in this arena from God (and they are right!!), they perhaps are not sinning (I say this only because God has commended people to do acts before, that if done by others who were not God-ordained, would be considered a sin - eg. Moses' murders, Isreal's annihilation of cultures in the Old Testament).
Nevertheless, I'm inclined to think that any thought or action undertaken that demonstrates self-proclaimed accreditation of an astrological matter is sinful because it is replacing Jesus' rightful place in your life.
I think the only 'christian'-way to look at astrology is acknowledgement of its existance as a potential tool of God, not to usually be meddled in by man.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=631247