CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Immunization Ploys Part 2 by Ev ..... Vaccination Debate Forum

Date:   3/9/2003 10:45:13 AM ( 21 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,329
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=62095

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

http://thinktwice.com/ploys.htm

23. Refusing to Report Vaccine Reactions. Despite a federal law passed by Congress in 1986—the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act —requiring all doctors who administer vaccines to report vaccine reactions to federal health officials, many choose to ignore this legal requirement. Doctors often justify their refusal to report vaccine reactions by claiming the shot had nothing to do with the child's injury or death. The will of Congress is being subverted, resulting in a gross underreporting of vaccine injuries and deaths.(268)

The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) is the federal program designated to tally reports of vaccine injuries and deaths. By the year 2002, tens of thousands of reactions to vaccines, including deaths, were reported—in spite of the medical boycott against reporting incidents.(269) Still, one must magnify these figures tenfold, because the FDA estimates that 90 percent of doctors do not report incidents.(270)

To further confirm the degree of underreporting that occurs, in 1988 and 1989 Connaught Laboratories conducted a study to determine the true rate of adverse events associated with the vaccines they produce. During this period of time, unsolicited (“spontaneous”) reports of adverse events occurred at the rate of 20 per million doses. However, when they supplied the vaccine to doctors with a request to report any adverse event that occurred within 30 days of a vaccination, provided that it resulted in a physician visit, the rate of adverse events skyrocketed to 927 events per million doses. According to Dr. Jim Froeschle, director of clinical research at Connaught Laboratories, these differences indicate “a fifty-fold underreporting of adverse events.”(271) Yet, even this figure may be conservative. According to Dr. David Kessler, M.D., director of the Food and Drug Administration, “Only about one percent of serious events [adverse drug reactions] are reported to the FDA.”(272)

The following testimonials from parents and relatives of vaccine-damaged children illustrate how easily doctors can dismiss apparent vaccine reactions and thus justify not reporting them:

“Our son had his 2nd DPT shot and oral polio [vaccine] at four months of age on September 22, 1989. He had reacted to his 1st DPT immunization two months earlier with prolonged high-pitched screaming and projectile vomiting.... After his 2nd shot he immediately started the high-pitched screaming again. He could no longer hold his head up and could not keep his food down. He couldn't sleep or stay awake, he had absence seizures, dozens to hundreds a day. He deteriorated daily and died April 14, 1990.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.

“Our 16-month-old grandson received his 4th DPT shot on December 5, 1989, and he died 24 days later. He also received the MMR and oral polio vaccines at the same time. Within 24 hours his legs were red and swollen, he had a fever of 103 degrees, and he was very fussy and irritable.... His previous shots had similar reactions.... We know the shot contributed to his death.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.

“We lost our beautiful, precious and adored 4-month-old son 26 hours after receiving the DPT vaccination and oral polio [vaccine] at his well-baby check-up on January 25, 1990.... We were aware our son's behaviour patterns changed after the shot.... He was staring, looked spacey, only took short naps, vomited his bottle.... The doctor was insistent that this was a SIDS death.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.

“Our son had his 1st DPT vaccination and oral polio vaccine at 14 months old on February 22, 1990. That evening he started high-pitched screaming. The next two days he had a temperature of 101 degrees and slept for 15 hours. When he awoke he was extremely irritable.... My son was in a lot of body pain. At times he looked like he had a stroke. At other times he was curled up in a hard knot we couldn't straighten. He was having seizures and we didn't know it.... He continues to have seizures. The doctor, even though law required him to record manufacturer and lot number, did not record the number.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.

“My son had his first DPT shot at his 2-month check-up on May 8, 1990.... Four hours later he started crying.... I noticed he was pale and like a statue.... He stopped breathing. I picked him up and shook him and he started breathing again. A friend was visiting and called 911. My son stopped breathing 8 to 10 more times with me shaking him out of it each time before the paramedics arrived. He was ash white...screaming when we got to the hospital.... I have another child who had severe reactions from his shots. He had a seizure after each of his first three DPT shots and was on medication for three years.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.

“My 16-month-old grandson had his 2nd DPT shot, MMR, and polio at his well-baby check-up on August 16, 1990. In less than 48 hours he had a temperature of 105 degrees and went into convulsions.... My grandson has deteriorated daily. He walks stiff-legged, or his knee collapses on under him.... He has trouble with his bowels, constipation one minute followed by diarrhea running down his leg the next minute. We look at our old videos and realize how much he has changed.” The doctor would not report this reaction, nor would he give the parents the manufacturers, and lot numbers of the vaccines he administered.

“My grandson had his 1st DPT shot and oral polio [vaccine] at his 2-month well-baby check-up on June 8, 1990. Within 21 hours he was dead. After the shot he started crying [high-pitched screaming].... My grandson began projectile vomiting and continued the high-pitched crying.... At 7 A.M. my daughter awoke and found my grandson to have a purple colour on one side of his face, clenched fists, blood coming from his nose and mouth and not breathing. My grandson was dead. I have promised my daughter that his death will not be in vain and just another statistic labeled SIDS.” The doctor would not report this reaction. He did not feel that it was related to the vaccine.(273)

24. Suppress Information/Prohibit Conflicting Testimony. On April 1, 1993, several bills were introduced in Congress to establish a federal “tracking and surveillance” system that would monitor parents who choose not to vaccinate their children. A few weeks later, Representative Henry Waxman and Senator Ted Kennedy chaired “public” hearings on this legislation, but prohibited input from individual parents, parent organizations, and healthcare professionals concerned about vaccine safety. Instead, only groups with a vested interest in ratifying these bills were permitted to attend: White House sponsors, several presidents of multibillion dollar companies that produce vaccines, agents of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and public health officials.(274)

The Salk “inactivated” or “killed-virus” vaccine was actually regulated to permit 5,000 live viruses per million doses. Yet, because the vaccine was promoted as being incapable of causing polio, cases that occurred following administration of the vaccine were denied, and it was excluded from the Vaccine Injury Table.(275) The CDC also refuses to acknowledge occurrences of encephalitis and seizure disorders following administration of the oral polio vaccine, even though encephalitis has been known to occur following polio contracted under natural conditions.(276)

More examples of the suppression ploy:

A recent report published in Lancet notes that some people contract meningitis after receiving the MMR vaccine. Nevertheless, the author concludes that “because of the extreme rarity of this complication, parents need not be told about the risk before deciding on vaccination.”(277)

Even though a national drug evaluation committee (ADRAC) recommended that children should be observed for a sufficient period of time after vaccination to monitor reactions, authorities fought against the suggested period of observation on the grounds that it causes inconvenience to parents and increases anxiety about the safety of childhood shots.(278)

When the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 was passed into law, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) was ordered by Congress “to develop and disseminate vaccine information materials for distribution by health care workers.” This material was to include information on adverse reactions, contraindications, and the availability of a federal compensation program for people who are injured or die from a mandated vaccine. HHS was to satisfy this legal requirement by December 22, 1988. By March 4, 1991, this matter was still unsettled. When HHS eventually submitted the required information, “they failed to meet even minimal standards of scientific rigor, candor, and fairness.” Vaccine risks were systematically understated or ignored.(279)

Although medical personnel are required by law to provide their clients with information booklets explaining the benefits and risks of vaccinations before they receive their shots, few doctors offer these booklets to their clients. The following story illustrates the type of damage that can occur when healthcare providers choose to suppress lifesaving information:

“I am a 29-nine-year old female who received an MMR vaccine required by [the medical center where I work]. Since receiving that vaccine I’ve experienced a number of side effects: dizziness, headaches, numbness of my feet and ankles, shortness of breath, chest pain, and aching joints.

“I have seen several doctors over the last six months, more times than I can count. Those doctors that admitted the vaccine may have something to do with these symptoms felt that within six months the symptoms would subside. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In fact, some symptoms have gotten worse. My ankles are numb almost continuously, the chest pain has begun to include pain in my left arm and jaw, accompanied by difficulty breathing.

“Every aspect of my life has been affected by this, including my work ability, which is the reason I had to have the vaccine in the first place. I was told I either had to get it, or I wouldn't have a job. Unfortunately, by this time I have already given up the job I held for over five years.

“I was not given any information prior to receiving the vaccine. [I later learned] that people allergic to eggs should not receive this vaccine. I am allergic to eggs, but the hospital staff never asked or told me anything. My primary care physician is at a loss about what to do with me. But I continue to suffer.”(280)

25. Psychological Projection. Medical personnel are notorious for seeing in others the very thoughts, feelings, and actions they deny in themselves. This subtle and unconscious defence against anxiety and guilt is what psychologists refer to as projection. Vaccine researchers, for example, are disappointed that women and minorities have been reluctant to be experimented on with a new AIDS vaccine, even in light of recent revelations about Cold War radiation tests on unwitting subjects. The reluctant volunteers—not the researchers—were blamed for harboring a “mistaken belief” that the vaccine could cause AIDS, despite what the scientists say.(281)

Note: Less than 5 months later, researchers were forced to acknowledge that “at least five volunteers in the government's principal AIDS vaccine study have become infected with the AIDS virus after receiving the vaccine.” One of the subjects is said to have undergone “an unusually rapid decline in the number of white blood cells, the standard measure for the progress of AIDS.” This has raised researchers' concerns “not only about how well the vaccine works but whether it may have increased the likelihood of their infection and...even accelerated the progression of disease.”(282)

Medical policymakers and some lawmakers claim parents are abusing their children by not allowing them to be vaccinated.(283,284) Some parents have been accused of child abuse —“shaking baby syndrome”—after their children had seizures or went into a coma following vaccinations.(285) In fact, the authorities who allow these dangerous vaccines to be administered are abusing the children and implicating the parents. Parents have lost custody of their loved ones in this manner.(286)

26. Organized Propaganda. Community organizations and parent groups are often enlisted by medical associations to help organize campaigns against unvaccinated children. “Volunteers” rarely question the cult-like doctrines the pro-vaccinators foist in their direction. But are these organizations, and their helpers, really doing the community a service? How honest are vaccine campaigns that omit mention of the thousands of families affected every year by adverse reactions to vaccines? Why are the true facts prohibited from being revealed? And why can't parents be trusted to weigh the facts for themselves?

The medical-industrial complex is well prepared for almost any unfavourable eventuality that may occur. For example, soon after the NBC television show “NOW” broadcast a story about the dangerous DPT vaccine, a DPT manufacturer sent telegrams to health professionals throughout the nation reassuring them of the vaccine's safety.(287) After the show aired a second time, the CDC organized a propaganda blitz by swiftly faxing biased pro-vaccine information to doctors and other concerned people throughout the nation. In this fax, the CDC had the audacity to claim that “Almost all infants with any medical illness, including death, will have been vaccinated earlier in their life.... [and] Almost all infants with any medical illness, including death, will have drunk milk earlier in their life,”(288) implying that receiving shots is as benign as drinking milk.

27. Legal Immunity. When the FDA tested a batch of DPT vaccine, they found the entire lot to be 200 percent more potent than regulations allowed. Instead of immediately destroying it, the agency allowed health authorities to “test” it on hundreds of children in Michigan. This proved to be a tragic gamble. Later, when the parents of children who were paralyzed and brain damaged from the mandatory shots tried to sue the state, the courts disallowed their case because the “doctrine of sovereign immunity” protects the government from claims arising from services that only the government can provide.(289)

A 13-year-old Pennsylvania girl suffered irreversible brain damage from a measles vaccine received during a mandatory mass vaccination program at her school. However, a court decision made it clear that neither the vaccine manufacturers nor the government could be held responsible because the vaccines were “unavoidably unsafe.” [Translation: Parents are compelled to play the medical establishment's unique brand of Russian roulette.] The court also claimed the vaccine maker adequately delineated risks on its package insert.290 Consequently, these parents were deemed solely responsible for the care of their now mentally retarded daughter --even though they, like most parents, were not warned about vaccine dangers, were not told about these inserts, and withheld permission for their daughter to be vaccinated!(291)

Drug companies are legally immune against most claims of vaccine damage, and their incentive to produce safer vaccines was removed when the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 was passed. This law states that “no vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death.” Incredibly, the original draft also stated: “The term vaccine-related injury or death means an illness, injury, condition or death associated with one or more of the vaccines listed in the vaccine injury table except that the term does not include an illness, injury, condition or death associated with an adulterant or contaminant intentionally added to such a vaccine.”(292)

28. Threats to go out of Business. Before the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 was enacted, vaccine manufacturers were being sued so often and for so much money, that many threatened to—and did—go out of business.(293) When the government began accepting liability for vaccine injuries and deaths, the enterprising drug companies succeeded in removing an important incentive to produce safe and effective vaccines.

29. Stonewalling. Vaccine officials use the stonewalling tactic whenever they want to delay or avoid accepting accountability. For example, when one mother, whose son died four days after his second polio shot, studied his provisional autopsy report, she noted that there were major findings of myocarditis, and hepatitis, and that the polio virus had been extracted from these diseased organs—conditions not inconsistent with a vaccine reaction. But when she questioned the pathology department's initial conclusion—Sudden Infant Death Syndrome—and requested additional tests to determine whether the polio virus was a wild or vaccine strain, she was led into a nine-year battle with the CDC to secure the results. (Medical authorities were forced to concede the truth: the vaccine caused the child's polio.)(294)

When a child is killed by a mandated vaccine, the government is expected to compensate the parents, awarding them up to $250,000. However, if the child is seriously injured by the vaccine, continues to live, and requires lifetime care, several million dollars may be awarded. Government officials may be reluctant to settle cases quickly, hoping the damaged child will die, thereby lowering the payment. This is exactly what millions of people learned when The Crusaders, a television newsmagazine, aired a gutsy show on the dangerous pertussis vaccine. The father of a young boy who suffered severe and permanent brain damage just hours after a DPT shot could not get the government to settle his case. The family needs the money to pay for the child's specialized care, but “if something were to happen to him and he did not live, they would not have to pay for his life care.”(295)

30. Secrecy. If vaccines offered benefits only, the government wouldn't need to mandate them, and the ploys noted in this chapter wouldn't be necessary. Instead, parents would be lining up to get the shots. Members of the medical fraternity realize this, and have banded together to conceal how the vaccines are made, who they're tested on, how effective they really are, and the true rates of adverse events. Even the manufacturer's cost to market vaccines is considered a “trade secret or confidential information.”(296)

Doctors who have dared to publicly question vaccines, “have been warned that their careers are at stake and they risk [losing their license to practice medicine].”(297) Others are discredited.(298)

After one family's son was damaged by a DPT shot, they obtained, through the Freedom of Information Act, a computerized record of more than 34,000 adverse reactions to vaccines over a three-year period. They had a hunch their son had received a bad vaccine—from a “hot lot”—and wanted to see if they could protect other children from being hurt.

After a great deal of research, they discovered that their son had been vaccinated from a hot lot. The death rate associated with this batch was three times higher than that linked with other lots. Ten children had died from it. But when the parents spoke to officials at the FDA to determine if the agency would conduct an investigation, they were told that “due to the size of the lot, the deaths did not warrant significant investigation.” When they inquired about the size of the lot, the FDA flatly stated, “That's confidential.”(299)

Parents everywhere would like to know how many deaths would be enough to warrant an investigation. If ten isn't enough, are twenty? Thirty? Forty? What's enough? What industry is permitted to operate in secrecy, and put out a product to the public without accountability? Concerned citizens cannot even find out from the government what the mechanism is to institute a recall, if indeed one even exists.(300)

Drug company awards for vaccine damage are usually settled out of court. Parents who expect to receive compensation for their child who was damaged or killed by a vaccine are often obligated to remain silent as a condition of the agreement. Parents seeking compensation from the Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program are often counselled to refrain from discussing their cases, and settlements, as well.(301) To learn how difficult it is to break the secrecy pact, try to obtain specific vaccine information from the CDC or FDA. They'll be happy to send you their official propaganda but will quickly turn apprehensive and restrained when you start probing for additional information. These public organizations, supported by taxpayer dollars, have all sorts of information. However, they're unlikely to share it with average citizens, for then we'd be able to make our own rational, informed decisions regarding the shots. But the American people are entitled to know the answers to their questions before submitting their children to “mandated” vaccines.

“We could kneel on broken glass and give the American Medical Association (AMA) everything it wanted, and still they will oppose it. They are going to push us as far as possible, and then they are just going to screw us.” --Federal Healthcare Task Force Member, Time, (September 20, 1993), p. 61.

"Every doctor will allow a colleague to decimate a whole countryside sooner than violate the bond of professional etiquette by giving him away." --George Bernard Shaw

This article was excerpted from the vaccine archives of Neil Z. Miller.

http://thinktwice.com/ploys.htm

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.07 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=62095