CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Beautiful with excema at 18wks.....help by aunty ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   3/12/2004 1:10:49 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   6,008
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=6079

Hello Nursekel,

I'm very familiar with the pains of watching infants suffer with eczema and started posting messages on websites because of our families success in treating our nieces severe eczema. I didn't like the bandaid approach offered to our family when my nieces broke out with a severe eczema flareup as well. Due to our many years of experience with my mother and eczema, we didn't want to go the steroid route. We educated ourselves concerning the body, immune system, the need of the skin, and found healing for our nieces immediately; which has endured for the long term. We found that we had to address eczema in these three areas in order to be successful; INTERNAL, EXTERNAL, AND FOREIGN. What that means is that we had to strengthen/restore balance to a weak/out of balance immune system, rehydrate the severely dehydrated skin by moisturizing daily with a natural (steroid/cortizone free) lotion, and identify the allergen so that you can rid it from the child's environment. By applying that wisdom, our family has enjoyed over 4 years of success in healing the skin of eczema.

Baby formula was the culprit for breakout with my nieces as well. The indicator was constipation. Because the toxins weren't being released in a regular bowel flow, they found a way of release into the blood stream and through the skin. We changed to a baby formula that was more beneficial to our neices' systems (it varied with each niece). We also supplemented their nutritional balance by adding a liquid mutltivitamin for infants to their diets. This addressed both the INTERNAL and FOREIGN points (mentioned above) in our whole healing process. Addressing the EXTERNAL, the Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk soap, oils, and lotion worked dramatically to promote the skin's natural healing process. We saw results immediately and the severe eczema skin was totally healed in two weeks. All three of my nieces (diagnosed with inherited eczema) have greatly benefited from this cleansing regimen and exhibit beautiful, clear, eczema-free skin. There is no indication that they ever suffered severe eczema breakout, other than old pictures and video.

The reason I go into such detail about the wisdom (a broken record to those who've read my postings) as opposed to just giving the name of the lotion we used is for two reasons: 1) Just treating the external, becomes a bandaid to eczema healing (making the success temporary); treating the whole (internal, external, and foreign) brings complete success. 2) There are many natural options for moisturizing the skin that will bring about the same success (what works for some may not work for others).

The Godsend for our family is Whole Foods Grocery Store. There, you will find an array of moisturizing and cleansing options for your child's sensitive skin. The Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion contains natural fragrance; therefore for some eczema sufferers this may be a problem (fortunately this wasn't the case for our family). However, there are several fragrance free options that are available as well: Borage Dry Skin Therapy by Shikai (pediatric formula), Colloidal Oatmeal Skin Therapy by Nature's Gate, and NaturalDerm Skin Rash Cream for eczema/atopic dermatitis.

We were told that there was no cure for eczema and that our nieces had to suffer with it for the rest of our lives. We didn't accept that; and the most incredible thing that we learned was how quickly they received their healing without the use of any medications. Basically, we listened to the message that the eczema was sending the body and addressed it; as opposed to suppressing it. Healing came immediately and has endured for the long term. By addressing the internal, external, and foreign, you will be successful as well. You're already more than halfway there, becuase you've identified the allergen; and by changing to a baby formula that works with your childs system, you've addressed the internal as well. Finding the right skin care regime for your child will complete the process and from the wisdom that you've displayed thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if you've already achieved it prior to my posting. Be encouraged that success in healing the skin of eczema is possible, immediate, and enduring for the long term. I have three nieces who prove it. Also a credit to my nieces long term success is their healthy Diet of water, fruit, and vegetables (no soft drinks or an abundance of junk foods).

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=6079