CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: I need legal advice!!! by geraH20 ..... Relationship Forum # 2 [Archive]

Date:   10/23/2003 7:07:57 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,609

Sounds like you have a good start, but you need more, lots more, and ONLY stuff you can prove, i.e. DOCUMENT! In most states unless the mother is actually endangering the childs life it is almost impossible. A thought: have you called DFS (Department of Family Services)? If she is in their system then you have that on your side. Child Protection Services? Make a report. Sounds like she would qualify as being unfit. Let them see how she is raising the baby, I am almost certain that her life and lifestyle wouldn't fly too well, but that may be a good place to start too, after you write "unfit" ways that you know of personally. You probably know more than you think, once you start a list it will make you think of other things, you know? Consider an attorney sooner rather than later, they will make it all legitimate, even if it will cost you more than you think worthwhile. There is a lot that goes into this. Separating child from mother is not what the court wants necessarily (some psychiatrists consider it the single most traumatic thing that can happen to a child, regardless of upbringing) but they almost always look at what is in the best interest of the child. Get your documentation together. Call DFS. Provide proof, proof, proof. Photos, time and places, remarks, living conditions, even things that friends have said about her parenting, what she does or doesn't do...drugs, alcohol? Is she hungry? ETC!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.16 sec, referred by