CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks? by ff. ..... Yoga Support Forum

Date:   3/28/2005 10:23:31 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   34,074
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=590182

Hi James! I have been practicing yoga for almost eight years. My suggestion to you would be next time you are in sirsasana, make an effort to relax your face. Let the eye settle into the sockets, let your cheeks settle, totally relax your mouth, let your eyebrows settle. With every exhilation, relax your face. Do this while you press firmly into the floor with your fore arms. Keep your shoulderd in line with your ears, hips, knees and ankles. Press your feet to the sealing. Do not stare at the floor, try not to stare at all. Try to look inward. Your breath should be smooth and even. Your body should not shake. If (or when) you feel any pressure in your ears, come down. If (or when) your eyes start to harden, come down. Even if your body is still feeling strong. You should follow this asana with sarvangasana (shoulder stand) or Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (shoulder bridge). Hold this posture for as long as you hold Sirsasana. This will bring balance to your practice.

Do you attend a class? Do you have a teacher? Do you have a copy of the book Light on Yoga, by BKS Iyengar? I find that book very helpful. Good luck with your practice! Hope I was helpful.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=590182