CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks? by daizy4 ..... Yoga Support Forum

Date:   3/28/2005 3:18:23 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   34,347
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=590175

interesting question.....

Before, I would have quickly replied no health risks. However, a friend of mine recently had a stroke...almost died. He practiced this asana often. Now I'm not so sure.....

I am not an "expert" in yoga but he is. And one of the theories that possible caused this massive stroke was this asana. Everyone was shocked because of his apparent perfect health and pure lifestyle. The medical doctors theorized a genetic factor. He is coming along pretty well now, after a couple years of intensive physical therapy, with still some left side paralysis.

There are people on this forum with alot more expertise than me...but I wanted to share something personal....

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

interesting question.....

Before, I would have quickly replied no health risks. However, a friend of mine recently had a stroke...almost died. He practiced this asana often. Now I'm not so sure.....

I am not an "expert" in yoga but he is. And one of theories causing this massive stroke was this asana. He is a pure vegetarian as well. The medical doctors theorized a genetic factor. He is coming along pretty well now, after a couple years of intensive physical therapy, with still some left side paralysis.

There are people on this forum with alot more expertise than me...but I wanted to share something personal....

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.04 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=590175