CureZone   Log On   Join

For Flame: Plum Pit Story! by Tracey ..... Liver Flush Support Forum

Date:   5/19/2003 2:49:55 PM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   18,782
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=579513

Okay, Flame...so I'm back!

Coincidentally, my friend had this stuck 'plum pit' feeling in HIS throat too - for the past 5 weeks!

In Traditional Chinese Medicine that is one of the symptoms of stagnant liver qi! Interesting eh?

This is what I found out about the 'plum pit':
One of the most well-known of the typical comments in TCM is "plum pit in the throat." People in cultures beside China may talk about a feeling of a "stone in the throat". People in the U.S. may talk about "having a lump in the throat". The central idea in these descriptions is the feeling of an obstruction in the throat. This points very, very strongly to Liver Qi Stagnation. So when you hear someone talk about a plum pit, a stone, a lump, or some other obstruction in the throat (when there is no actual obstruction like a tumor in the throat), automatically think about the possibility of Liver Qi Stagnation and rule in or rule out.)

The feeling of an obstruction in the throat (when there's not an actual physical obstruction) is very, very suggestive of Liver Qi Stagnation in particular. However, there are other comments that can suggest Qi Stagnation in general. For example, if a person comes in and complains of feeling "tight" or "things needing to loosen up" or "things not moving very smoothly", suspect Qi Stagnation problems. Note: Some people with Qi Stagnation problems will actually report after taking herbs to move Qi or after acupuncture or after starting Qi Gong exercises that "it feels like things are loosening up on the inside". They may also talk about feeling more relaxed.

Here's something from another Traditional Chinese Medicine site:
Plum Pit Qi:
A subjective sensation of blockage a/or constriction of the throat.
Common in disorders with a clear emotional aspect coupled with Qi
stagnation.

Look at this: This prime aspect of the liver can have great affect on three aspects of the body: the emotions, digestion, and free flow of blood.
1) Aside from the heart, the liver is closely related to the emotions. A lack of smooth flow of the liver qi will not allow the mind to be at ease. If it is stagnant it will cause depression, sadness, oppression of the chest or plum pit throat (a lump in the throat). If it is hyperactive it will cause restlessness, insomnia, dizziness and vertigo.

2) The liver assists in the smooth flow of the stomach and spleen qi, especially. If the liver qi is not flowing smoothly, bile will not be introduced properly and the liver will attack the stomach and spleen. This can result in nausea, vomiting, belching, reflux, chest and hypochondriac pain, even diarrhea.

3) The blood cannot go where the qi does not. In the vessels the qi and blood move together. If the free flow of the qi is stagnated by the liver, the blood will in turn stagnate as well. Though the heart and lung are the promoters of blood circulation, stagnation of liver qi will still cause stagnation of blood which will lead to the GYN symptoms above, as well as the formation of masses and hypochondric pain.

So...I told my friend all of this and he did a Liver Flush right away. The next morning he emailed me and told me that the 'plum pit' that he had felt for the past 5 weeks had shrunk to about half the size. Then a few hours later he said that it now felt dissolved and just felt like an 'emotional thing' that felt familiar. Then by evening he said the 'plum pit' stuck feeling was TOTALLY GONE! zippo! He had had the feeling for 5 weeks! Neat eh?

So...in your case, it seems that the Liver Flush stirred things up (in the realm of the liver/emotions etc) and actually caused you to have that feeling. I'd take that symptom as a clue that you need to pay attention to your liver and do some more flushes. Also, look at your emotions and see if you need to Express them more. Allow them to come out...

What do you think?

The link below is to a page on Liver function.

*since I'm an astrologist, I first checked up on my friends planets - looking for a Mercury transit (rules throat, communication) and sure enough...for the past 5 weeks he had Mercury opposing Mercury! ha. Maybe you have this too? It's possible, if you were born in Oct, Nov or Dec...*

...and that's the story!

Tracey

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=579513