CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Eczema and essential fatty acids (new to board) by barbiec ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   9/29/2003 12:31:00 PM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   5,867
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=5631

Why hasn't anyone mentioned essential fatty acids ?
I certainly have never suffered as badly as some of you that have posted but I used to get the eczema on the shins and the fingers and had dry, itchy skin all around. Just that was bad enough. I have incorporated the high quality Carlson salmon oil (capsules to start out with but as soon as they are used up I am going to move on to the bottled stuff) for the sun exposure months and then Carlsons cod liver oil for the winter months for the added vitamin D. I cannot tell you the improvement in my skin. I had lunch with someone who had not seen me in two years and her jaw dropped when she saw me ( I am 50 years old). She asked me what happened to my wrinkles !! Now don't get me wrong...I don't look 20 but I have lost weight and gotten off my anti- Depression medication since cleaning up my diet.I say stay as close to natural as possible.Eat only meat that is organic and is BEING FED WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO EAT ie: GRASS fed beef, free range poultry. You may think that it is expensive to eat this way but think of all the money you save by keeping your immune system strong and not having to pay to go to the doctor and use all those medications that sometimes makes you sicker than you were to start with. I am still hypothyroid and use Armour Thyroid but my goal is to try and get my body to get back to working on it's own. I am not against medication...thank God for the knowledge we have gained...but a lot of our problems are our own doing. The Sugar craze is going to undo us .High glucose corn syrup even worse. Even in the health food store it is hard to find some products that aren't sweetened one way or the other. Do you know that they even put dextrose in salt these days ?
BUYER BEWARE ! Let's keep encouraging each other !!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=5631