CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Found the cure for me! by jj5084 ..... Body Odor Forum

Date:   8/5/2004 1:16:43 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   5,738
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=558442

I'm living with a person who has this issue, and while he SAYS he bathes correctly, uses the wash cloth, scrubs, rinses, uses the alcohol and so on, the fact is that he isn't as diligent as he needs to be. I clean the bathroom, so am aware that he often skips using the washcloth, the level of the alcohol in the bottle doesn't change over time---and he is in and out of the bathtub(not the shower) in too short a time to be doing a proper cleaning. Long-time habits sometimes need to be rethought. If this is really a serious problem there has to be some time devoted to it.

How many people are willing to change all of the layers of clothing that contact their underarms EVERY day? I did at the beginning, but now that the problem is under control, I can wear clothes several days without having to launder them.

Try rinsing well after scrubbing, then scrubbing again and doing another rinse. I once picked up a washcloth that my friend had used and it smelled of perspiration. He was just depositing the odor back onto his skin. The washcloth has to be scrubbed with soap and rinsed out between steps as well. Or do the second wash and rinse with a new cloth.

If you use deodorant, you will need to scrub and rinse two or more times to get all of it off your skin. It holds perspiration and is like glue. There is a characteristic odor of mixed B.O. and deodorant when this is not done. It just holds over from shower to shower.

When you use the alcohol, it needs to be used as a scrub, not just as an application. I rub well with a paper towel that is SOAKED in alcohol and I rub well down on my arm, around to the front and back and down my side. I then repeat with the other side of the paper towel. Perspiration spreads to all of these areas.

The final step is to have all of your clothes, that cannot be heavily bleached in hot water, dry-cleaned to remove the odor. I shop at the Goodwill and have found shirts that have Body Odor embedded so that even bleach and hot water will not remove it.

To get a handle on the problem, there can be no possible cause left unexamined. All of the steps can be followed, and you will still smell of perspiration if you wear a shirt that was worn at a time when you smelled.

I hope this clarifies things. It's very time consuming at first. Making sure nothing in your closet smells can be costly and seem not worth the effort. I was sure it wouldn't work, but it does. I have a bottle of alcohol at work in case of break-through odor (extreme stress, or maybe not being as careful with cleansing before leaving home in the morning). A woman at work once asked if I had deodorant she could use because she noticed she had an odor. I shared this with her and it worked. She used toilet paper to scrub with the alcohol.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=558442