CureZone   Log On   Join

"MEETING A ZEN PRIEST" by grog ..... Buddhism Support Forum

Date:   11/23/2003 1:42:09 PM ( 21 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,023
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=525286

My Second Meeting With 'Kobutsu' A Zen Buddhist Priest

-----
Built like a short legged ox, dressed in black Buddhist pajamas, the mighty Kob exposes his chest to me, a huge thick scar from the top of his sternum to his naval, snaked down his chest.
Here he was "Kobutsu" a Buddhist priest, a living legend to some. One of very few people to talk the talk and walk the walk! And befriend soon to be dead men! Kobutsu knows the story of "Dead Man Walking" all too well! This is where you will find Kobutsu! The rebel Buddhist priest, relieving suffering in the dredges of society! Confronting authority with a fiercness that expresses his commitment and compassion.
There he was a half-naked Buddhist priest baring himself to me!
The huge scar that had exposed his heart to the eyes and hands of surgeons who performed his triple bypass surgery was now there in front of me and for a short moment I saw a glimpse of Kobutsu, his eyes dark and intense beads with what seemed like a bottomless abyss, a deep space storage system for the dispersment of pain and suffering, and the only thing I knew for sure was that he knew for sure.
Snapping back to the moment all I could think of saying, in my infinite wisdom, was "Oh, that doesn't look too bad Kob"
Kobutsu roared out laughing and said "Not Bad! I've just been split down the f**king middle from top to bottom! And I don't look bad," still laughing he said, "that's funny!"

This little story is true and it was the beginning for me of a new way to look at life, a new philosophy, a new way to express myself and a new way to live a more positive pragmatic and engaged life.

...Grog

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=525286