CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Polygamy, Shari'ah ... by Mureed ..... Islam Support Forum

Date:   4/27/2005 9:29:59 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   1,389
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=524990

Polygamy is sanctioned by biblical law - it is practiced by Jews, (certain) christians and muslims. It is only forbidden by the Church, the same body which forbids priests to marry (and we all know what that leads to). Our father Abraham practiced polygamy as did many other prophets. Tell me which prophet forbade polygamy?

Although polygamy is allowed it is very much the exception in islamic culture. I personally don't know any muslim who has more than one wife. Firstly you have to be completely equitable between your wives. Secondly a woman has the right to divorce her husband if he wishes to take another wife - in other words you have to seek the permission of your wives before you can marry more than one. There are many different reasons why polygamy is useful. For example often there is a mismatch of women/men - ususally (e.g. wars etc.) there is a deficit of men. Also in islam polygamy can be a form of charity - e.g. when a man marries a widow who would otherwise be unsupported.

The death pentalty is also part of biblical law. It is part of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Jesus never campaigned against the death pentalty (or any other biblical punishment) - just against their unfair use (against the weak and innocent). The bible says a life for a life. Tell me what the bible says about the one who hits his parents?

The Prophet (pbuh) had many opportunities to take vengence upon his enemies, yet never in his life did he do so. His beloved uncle Hamza was assasinated by a slave who was hired to kill him, and the Prophet (pbuh) forgave him and let him walk free! In another incident a Sahabi (companion) was found murdered in the Jewish quarter of Medinah, and rather than take revenge (on the whole community) no punishment was taken. The only time punishment was given was where a crime had been committed and one of the commands of Allah had been violated, and then only the individuals concerned were punished (according to the laws of Allah). Had the Prophet (pbuh) been one to take vengence he would have taken vengence on the day of the conquest of Makkah. He didn't - it was a bloodless conquest.

Jews and Christians were considered dhimmis - their rights are invioable under islamic law. A muslim who violates the right of a dhimmi has violated a muslim, and he will be accountable to Allah.

It is a myth that Islam spread by forced conversion. You can't forcibly spread a religion who's main tenet is that faith is by free will! Lets take the Moghul empire which you mention. How is it that the whole of India was under muslim rule, yet the vast majority of the population remained hindu and is hindu to this day? Freedom of belief. My family are from the subcontinent. We didn't become muslim under the Moghuls - we only became muslim under British rule. Are you saying that the British forcibly converted my family to islam? Well actually it was the sufi's - the mystics who were the converters. And the only sword they wielded was the sword of love for Allah and his Messenger.
The country with the largest muslim population in the world is Indonesia (250 million). Now no muslim soldier ever set foot on Indonesian soil! Instead Indonesia was entirely converted to Islam by the Sufi's - the mystics.
In fact almost every muslim country on earth has a sizeable (long standing) non-muslim population.

Mureed.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=524990