CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Indian Catholic interested in Islam. by #68716 ..... Islam Support Forum

Date:   4/9/2005 10:35:39 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   997
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=524944

Greetings,

I thought you might be interested in these passages from the bible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are three logical problems with the polytheist trinity paganism in these verses:

1- Notice how satan told Jesus "if you will bow down and worship me." It is crystal clear that satan knew Jesus as a Messenger from GOD Almighty, and not GOD Almighty Himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't dare to tell his Creator that.

2- Notice Jesus' response to satan: "Away from me satan! For it is written 'Worship the LORD your God, and serve Him only". Jesus here was clearly directing satan to GOD Almighty; a being other than Jesus. Jesus did not tell satan "worship me".

3- Deuteronomy 6:13 is the verse that Jesus referred to when he said "For it is written". However, Deuteronomy 6:13 says "and take your oaths in his name." What is that Name? It is Yahweh or Jehovah. Jesus never even once was ever called Jehovah or Yahweh! Not even once!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also,
In Isaiah 9:6 and the Old Testament:

Some people claim that since the predicted Prophet's name (Jesus) will be called "Mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6-7, then therefore, he must be GOD Almighty Himself.

Let us read the Verses: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God (EL Gibor), The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with justice and righteousness from hence forth even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. (Isaiah 9:6-7)"

In the old Jewish culture, people used to be named "Godly" names.

Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' " "gods" here in Hebrew is "Elohim", which is plural of "EL". It is the same exact thing as "EL" used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since "gods" is a combination of several "EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called "god" or "God" in the Bible it wouldn't make him GOD Almighty Himself, the LORD or Jehovah. I also want to point out that any "Son of GOD" in the Bible is a "god" or "God".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After saying all that, there are Christians who will reply with this:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (From the NIV Bible, John 14:6)"

And this:

"that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (From the NIV Bible, John 3:15-17)"

{{{Note: John 3:15-17 are not direct quotes from Jesus himself in the New Testament.}}}

It is important to know that most of the Bible, especially the New Testament, has general and controversial statements like the ones above. These verses might sound like a clear proof for the Trinitarians, but as we read the verses below, we will see that it really doesn't mean that the person HAS TO ACCEPT JESUS AS HIS MEDIATOR between him and GOD Almighty to be saved. Let us read the following:

"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, 'Love your neighbor as yourself,' you are doing right. (From the NIV Bible, James 2:8)"

"The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' (From the NIV Bible, Galatians 5:14)"

Jesus said: loving GOD Almighty so much and being nice to your neighbors will cause you to have eternal life:

Luke 10
25. On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26. "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27. He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
28. "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Notice that the man's question was straight forward: "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" No other question can be more straight forward than this!

Notice how Jesus answered this straight forward question: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart......and love your neighbor as yourself......Do this and you will live."

If Jesus were to say Accept me as your salvation and pray to me, or if Jesus were to say I am the only Son of God- pray to me, or something similar, but Jesus did not. He said Love God and God alone.
Notice that Jesus didn't talk about any trinity concept, nor did he say to the man that he must accept Jesus as a mediator between him and GOD Almighty to win eternal life. No, rather Jesus was pretty clear and straight forward here: LOVE GOD ALMIGHTY AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF. That is simply all there is to it to win eternal life in Jesus' standards.( One God, and love the One True God, and then love mankind as yourself )

It certainly wasn't necessary for the man who asked the question to believe in trinity or that God had a son and Jesus was the only son who saves in order for him to be saved. Jesus assured him Heaven if he believed otherwise. Peace be upon him.

Peace

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=524944