CureZone   Log On   Join

Loss of Curve in Neck-Need Advice by #22175 ..... Back Pain & Neck Pain

Date:   4/28/2006 3:18:03 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   9,415
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=514731

Hello,

Maybe I can find some advice here. My husband, 30 years old, has been experiecing upper back/neck pain for the last 3 years. It comes and goes and when it comes, it leaves him in a robatic range of motion. We eat an excellent diet. We have been to a naturalpathic chiropractor off and on for this situation. With just 1-2 appointments, the pain is gone and all is fine for a matter of months. But at the slighest thing, the pain comes back. We have kinda been holding our breath now for the last 3 years hoping to not aggrivate it again.
Our normal chiropractor was out of office and the pain came back. We went to a chiropractor who ran some thermoscans and x-rays. He determined that the curve in the neck was lost and would like to follow-up/correct this "problem" with 3 visits a week for 8 weeks, then 2 a week for 4 weeks, then gradually tappering off to once a month for a lifetime.
What he is saying makes sense-to a degree. My concerns come in when he mentions the frequency of the visits, and then ends the treatment with a lifetime commitment. Plus, I am uncertain from a few posts I've read here about the safety of neck realignments.
I guess what I'm searching for is 1)is this a safe proceeder 2)will my husband be "fixed" and continue life before the pain as normal 3)is there another safer more effictive method.
I've been reading about the Dori Method(?) and my problem with that is it's not offered in our location.
Also, I would like to know what caused this loss of curve and how to prevent it in the future. The chiropractor would be incorporating exercises to the massage and realigments. So that is nice, but I don't feel it's enough info. Am I being too cautious...or is there something really missing from what we've been told?

I appreciate any help,
Thank you very much

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=514731