CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Do I have ADD? Why does Concerta make me more social? by risingsun ..... ADD/ADHD: Attention Deficit

Date:   6/23/2005 3:27:12 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   21,426
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=51387

Drugs act quickly and that is what makes them so widely used... but it's a quick fix and they never really fix the deficiency that caused the problem in the first place. From what I can surmise from the little research I have done, Concetra is like taking a mild form of Ecstacy. I suppose people who use X feel the same euphoria that you felt but a body free of a toxic load of chemicals might feel that ways sometimes but certainly not on demand like a magic pill. If you are going to use it recreationally then you might want to look further than I did but as for me, I would not flush it down the toilet because it might hurt the fishies and I woul try finding the mineral deficiences that I have and try to eat foods that would bring my body back into alignment;

Methyl, which is methane (CH4). It has the formula -CH3

Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1997 Dec;58(4):1095-102. Related Articles, Links

Stereotyped behavior: effects of d-amphetamine and methylphenidate in the young rat.

Roffman JL, Raskin LA.

Neuroscience Program, Amherst College, MA 01002-5000, USA.

The proclivity of d-amphetamine and methylphenidate to induce perseverative motoric and vocal side effects detracts from the clinical efficacy of these stimulants in the treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). In an attempt to develop a model for these deleterious treatment effects, this study explored the behavioral influences exerted by d-amphetamine and methylphenidate in the young laboratory rat. This experiment revealed that doses of these stimulants that typically induce stereotypy provoke diverging behavioral profiles: while animals given 5 mg/kg d-amphetamine exhibited repetitive sniffing activity, rats treated with 30 mg/kg methyl-phenidate displayed perseverative gnawing behaviors. Although pretreatment with the serotonin synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine (PCPA) significantly attenuated both stimulant-induced stereotypies, the effect of PCPA on d-amphetamine-induced sniffing was more profound than on methylphenidate-induced gnawing. High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis of monoamine levels in the striatum, frontal cortex, and thalamus indicated that PCPA induced an overall 89% depletion of serotonin across all conditions. These findings shed some light on the neurochemical mechanisms that underlie the differential effects of d-amphetamine and methylphenidate on stereotyped motor activity in the rat, and suggest future experiments for understanding the role of serotonin in such effects. Further, these results have implications for the differential side effects observed from each of these stimulants when used clinically in children with ADHD

Methamphetamine affects the central nervous system and causes the brain to release dopamine, a natural chemical that makes you feel pleasure. Dopamine is vital to normal brain function. The presence of meth in the brain causes the brain to release an enzyme that destroys the surplus dopamine in the brain. This enzyme will destroy the brain's ability to produce dopamine over time. The use of meth results in a permanent altering of the brain's natural chemistry. In other words, meth causes brain damage.

Each time a meth user uses, they will need to use more meth to achieve the same high that was initially experienced. The more methamphetamine consumed, the bigger the "crash" when the drug wears off. Meth users may sleep for long periods at a time or experience what is called "tweaking" when they are "crashing." A "tweaker" is paranoid, delusional and very aggressive.

Meth dangerously increases a user's heart rate and blood pressure. The extra energy can lead to convulsions and tremors, stroke, heart attack, coma or death. Methamphetamine is more harmful than cocaine and heroin, is highly accessible and cheaper to produce. Meth causes the body cannibalize itself, taking away appetite for everything except meth. Production is on the rise due to the easy accessibility of the key ingredients used in the manufacturing process.

From this I can only conclude that Concerta has properties containing a mild methamphetamine like substance and I doubt that any kind of natural treatment would do that for you but apple cider vinegar might help if you want some quick results. Cayenne Pepper could also have a stimulating affect and both could improve your overall health as well.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=51387