CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Question re metabolic typing & vegetarian diet by annie04 ..... Ask Andreas Moritz Forum

Date:   5/25/2004 9:57:45 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   1,531
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=488354

Andreas, I'm confused also. My story is very similar to #22522. I'm a vata type and have read various books and articles on Ayurvedic diets. I, too, have tried to be a vegetarian at different points in my life and have felt very weak on the diet; also I do not digest beans or grains very well at all. I would like to be a vegetarian just because of the moral aspect, and it would be less expensive. Yet, I feel stronger and more clear minded when I eat animal protein. I know that you say it is only a stimulent and clogs the circulatory system, but almost every culture in the world, with people living to be very old and staying very healthy, consumes animal proteins.

But, something that confuses me even more about this is that many Ayurvedic books say that Vata types need meat. I have several
that say it. So, are there different interpretations of the ancient
teachings?

Here's a quote from a site I just picked out of a Google group:

"Vatas should emphasize the consumption of foods with a salty, sour or sweet taste. Vatas should also eat plenty of foods that are heavy, oily, and hot in quality. More specifically, Vatas do well on a meat-based diet. In addition, Vatas should eat only well-cooked foods and consume warm beverages instead of cold beverages."

Andreas, I'm genuinely wanting to understand this. I have your book, The Key to Health and Rejuvenation, and I appreciate your comments on this site. I'm wondering how it is that different writers of Ayurvedic teachings say different things about what diet to follow. And, that my own experience tells me I'm better off eating some animal protein.

I would very much appreciate your comments on this.
Thanks,
Annie

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=488354