CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: is h2o2 iv therapy fda approved? by Tim ..... Oxygen Therapies Support Forum

Date:   4/20/2003 7:26:46 PM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   3,562
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=443575

No it's not. Like many alternative therapies that aren't very profitable, there hasn't been anyone willing to put up the millions of dollars neccessary to do the research to get FDA approval. Drug research is considered to be an investment, and since peroxide therapy is so cheap, there isn't likely to be any return on investment for it.

Of course, vitamins and minerals haven't been approved by the FDA either, but no one seems to doubt their usefullness in treating certain illnesses. There are also many herbs (such as garlic, olive leaf, oregano, Wormwood , Black-Walnut hull, etc) that have been used safely by people for thousands of years, and that have been shown in studies to be very potent Antibiotics (in some cases even more potent than pharmaceutical drugs), but these haven't been approved by the FDA either (because they are cheap and can't be patented.)

Would you invest millions of dollars to get something passed by the FDA that you could only sell for pennies, and that because you couldn't patent it (natural substances and chemcials can't be patented), anyone else could easily manufacture it as well? I didn't think so! For example did you know that the Acne drug Accutane is nothing more than synthetic vitamin A? Vitamin A can't be patented, and therefore it is sold for a few dollars a bottle, while "synthetic" (chemicaly altered) vitamin A can be sold for a few dollars PER PILL?? Both are equally effective.

In fact, the only reason 3% peroxide is approved for external use, is because it was "grandfathered", which means its use predates the FDA, and therefore actually doesn't require FDA approval. Since the FDA approval process began, there haven't been any new cheap commodity-type treatments of this kind. (such as peroxide, iodine, rubbing alchohol, epsom salt, herbal remedies, etc) All of these, and many others, were grandfathered in before the existence of the FDA.

These days, the only way to get past the FDA approval process(without having to spend millions of dollars) is to not make any medical claims for products. Many products these days rely on word of mouth to spread the word about the usefulness of their products. Of course the trick is figuring out which ones are actually useful, and which ones are useless (or even harmful) There are plenty of scam artists out there just trying to make a quick buck (including the pharmaceutical companies.)

I'm the least skeptical of treatments that are natural, cheap, have had decades (if not centuries) of use, have lots of people testifying to their effectiveness, and have studies to back them up. I tend to be much more skeptical on expensive, heavily marketed, gimicky products, without any Science to back them up. I'm also skeptical of products that do have Science to back them up, and FDA approval, but that are also big money-makers and are heavily marketed (such as pharmaceutical drugs), because they have a history of getting FDA approval despite poor or fraudulant studies, and are often recalled many years later due to the drugs causing harm to people. I have a folder on my hard drive FULL of news stories of cases like this.

Ozone and peroxide HAVE been approved for water sanitation. Many cities around the world use ozone to purify tap water (such as Los Angeles), and it's used by many bottled water companies, and in swimming pools instead of chlorine.

It's also used by livestock producers. Peroxide is used in the drinking water of the animals, and it's used to clean stalls, udders, as a wash, etc. Peroxide and ozone are also approved for use in the processing of meat, and the packaging of food.

IV peroxide and ozone are allowed to be used in some states because some states have laws which allow unapproved therapies to be used by doctors, as long as it is no one is hurt by the therapy. Keep in mind also, that ozone therapy has lots have clinical studies behind it from around the world, and thousands of doctors in Europe use it.

Also, keep in mind that just because something was approved by the FDA, and millions of dollars were spent on its research, doesn't mean it's safe. There have been many drugs that passed FDA approval, but then later were found to be harmful after actually being used by the general population. Ozone and peroxide may not have passed FDA approval, but after a century of use, I haven't heard of anything other than minor side-effects from their use.

One final note: While 3% peroxide is approved for external use on wounds or as a mouth gargle, IV use at only 0.0375% is NOT approved. However, after having applied peroxide straight to the skin, I can tell you that it is READILY absorbed, so in fact any external absorbtion use of peroxide is likely be very similar to IV use. I feel skin absorbtion is probably a better (or at least cheaper) way of using it, if you decide to do peroxide therapy.

Keep in mind that my reccomendations on using peroxide are only based on my own experiences and those of others, and shouldn't be considered to be medical advice. Only YOU can decide if it's right for you!

For a list of states and doctors where ozone and peroxide therapy are allowed to be used: http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/my_ozone_doctor.com.html

Tim

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=443575