CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Oh, and...(probiotics and milk thistle) by #163633 ..... Liver Flush Support Forum

Date:   3/18/2003 9:24:03 PM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   41,641
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=441777

Probiotics

The best probiotic I've found is Primadophilous Bifidous (PB). It contains 2 Lactobacillus strains (including acidophilus) and 2 Bifidobacterium strains. It's in the refridgerator in the nutrition section of health food stores.

I used to be married to Lactaid and Beano. I never left the house without them (keys, wallet, Lactaid, Beano). Since using PB I no long seem to need Lactaid or Beano. (I do get a little gas from certain kinds of cheeses, but not trots.)

Note: These four bacteria may be foreign to your body, even acidophilus (which is easily killed by room temperature and stomach acid). Many people who have been taking acidophilus for years actually have none in their digestive systems, especially those who have been buying non-refrigerated versions. PB is refrigerated plus it is in an enterically coated capsule (so the good bacteria survive stomach acid and make it into the small intestine).

The reason I'm telling you this is to prevent you from getting the trots at work, since your body might rebel against it since it contains "foreign" substances. What I did was to take a 16th of a capsule (it doesn't taste bad). Then I waited two days to see if I had any negative effects (I did). When I could handle it I took a little more. I gradually built up to one 3x per day. Now I just take one per day and that seems to do it.

Milk thistle

Milk thistle can be very good, but I've only found one active brand that actually does anything: Thisilyn. It really made my liver feel better. This was before I started cleansing. The first bottle of Thisilyn made a big difference. I was cautioned by a nutritionist to not take the second bottle, but I did, and it seemed like it didn't have any affect, so I stopped taking it...

hg

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=441777