CureZone   Log On   Join

Hello Rusfox! by Southern Belle ..... My Country Forum

Date:   2/4/2003 8:01:26 PM ( 21 y ago)
Hits:   889
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=422677

I just love reading your posts! It totally blows my mind that I can actually speaking to someone from Russia.

What you were taught about my country is, for the most part, absolutely true. We are a country of sex, drugs and rock and roll.
The exception was in my house growing up in the early 50's. I have always said my parents founded the Southern Baptist church (not really, but it seemed like it to me) All four of us children were in church Sunday morning, Sunday night, Tuesday night visitation (to help the "unsaved") and Wednesday night prayer meeting. Then watch out when we had revival meetings--every night preaching!! We were not allowed to play cards, dance or even say gosh or darn because that was "almost" cussing. We were very sheltered and all six of us would gather around the table at mealtime to share our day. (eating all that fried food--we fry everything in the south, you know) The happiest times of my life were then and I never knew it. We played games together, climbed trees, and laughed all the time.

I have loosened up through the years and have been known to express myself using far worse words than gosh and darn. I have been known to dance and have a drink or two. (I am a beer in a bottle woman)

To sum it up, I loved my childhood years--very innocent. Did my parents make mistakes? Sure they did. Were they perfect? Absolutely not. (They are both in their 80s now and they still have a garden and still worry about all four of us children. I love going to visit them because I suddenly become a daughter. I escape my life for awhile and I don't have to be a Mama, Nana or a wife--I am just a daughter!)) But, I wouldn't take anything for the way I was brought up and I am so proud to say I was raised in the USA. It is a great country. Rusfox, I would give anything if you could see my beautiful Mississippi hills and valleys, the cotton fields, my beautiful Magnolia trees, the lump you get in your throat when the National Anthem is sung at an Atlanta Braves basball game,---so many things to be so proud of. (Oh, by the way, my husband wants me to ask you what sports get you fired up in Russia?)

I know you are proud of many things in your country. Please share.

I just think it the most amazing thing that we can form friendships on this website and there will never be anyone or anything that can take that away. Ain't life grand!!
Paulette G.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=422677