CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: It's great to question the theories but by Corinthian ..... Evolution & Creationism Debate

Date:   8/22/2006 2:26:36 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   1,782
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=415064

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

On the other hand, evolution is far from proven.
Nothing is really ever proven in science. At best we accept certain ideas as facts because it would be sheer stupidity to claim otherwise. Take gravity as an example. We can meassure the gravitational force of any two observable objects (apples, rocks, planets, stars) and we accept that all matter has this property. But have we proven it? Well by your standards no since that would require us to measure all matter in the universe for this gravitational force. You could easily claim that there is matter in this universe that does not have this property - you could not prove it, but you can claim it. Same with god, you can claim it but you can't prove it.

OTOH, evolution does have a mountain of material evidence across multiple fields of science. If we demand that every question be answered before we accept evolution as true, then I guess it has not been proven. But also by that standard nothing has and nothing will ever be proven.

The true extraordinary claim (and one without any evidence) is that of god. There is no proof for the existence of god, and even less for the idea that god created the universe, life and everything. There is at least some (I say plenty) proof for evolution. It is curious that the most extraordinary claim ever (ie. God) is accepted without evidence, yet a simple idea like evolution (and its evidence) is not.

BTW I know of no evidence contrary to evolution.
Your objection does not present contradictory evidence, just an unexplained mechanism. You are falling to the god argument when faced with a question without a clear answer. I'm also sure I've seen at least one of these question fully explained, but I do not recall where.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=415064