CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Creationist Psychology Revealed by TheCorinthian ..... Evolution & Creationism Debate

Date:   6/19/2006 2:19:19 AM ( 18 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,104
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=414511

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

#36 you only think you were clear because you have not yet learned to recognized your irrational bias and how it influences what and how you read. I stand by my interpretation. It is correct.

the energetic imprint of the limb remains and these people can find some relief with energy work.
“energetic imprint ... energy work” Nonsense! Maybe you want to invest in my cellular entertainment unit? It will be the gaming console of the future.

This is just more nonsense created to explain something you do not understand. The phantom limb phenomena has both psychological and physiological mechanisms and can be controlled or alleviated by bio-feedback. We have a very clear model of the causes, and none of them involve 'energetic imprints'. Go back to the second paragraph to find out why – clue: it rhymes with 'scents'.

All the examples you provide still describe direct experience, and as we have learned from your writing, you can experience till you are blue in the face, but you are still off the mark on your assessment of reality. Part of the problem is your attempt to experience something that does not exist – no thing. Like those subjects of sensory deprivation you mind starts to create a reality that is not there. Objectivism my boy. That's the ticket

Whether you called it the energy, god, chakra, ki, chi, dharma, or anything else, you are clearly among the irrationalists who depend on their supernatural beliefs to deal with the world. You are afraid of the biological implications of birth, growth, death – the end. Kaput! While you may claim you are not afraid that Science will sink your boat you are also looking to Science to affirm your beliefs – while at the same time claiming this cannot be done. Swimming is better that floating, it has a direction and a purpose. As a rational being you don't have to get close and personal with your fears, because you recognize them for what they are – nothing more than anxiety about the unknown and learn to accept it.

If you think sitting around on a cushion for 10 years is a productive used of your time, I can begin to understand the source of your intellectual limitations. I would rather do something of value, not sitting around humming in a vain attempt to be 'one with the universe' It limits your understanding of the universe, better to focus on reason, logic, science, math.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=414511